Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

This will be my third straight Thursday coach arrival and believe me, it’s 1,002,746 times better than not having a ticket.

It also has a noticeably positive effect on Sunday energy levels too.

Plus it has a weird side effect of not being that bothered about when the line up comes out. After trying to avoid Glastonbury stuff for months just being on here and soaking it up is a pleasure.

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We've not had one of these before. It's a extra poster, isn't it @Gnomicide? ;)

This is insanely late, nothing before later than 8 PM as far as I can recall.

Last time Croissant Neuf had an announcement (apart from confirming Travis) was 2009.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This is insanely late, nothing before later than 8 PM as far as I can recall.

Last time Croissant Neuf had an announcement (apart from confirming Travis) was 2009.

58 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

The daft timing lends credence to @stuartbert two hats' theory about Emily 'evil' Eavis, in my view. :D

Yep, Emily's got Gnomicide sussed now.

Interrupted him RIGHT in the middle of his beloved Eurovision Song Contest (2019 Semi Final).

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Yep, Emily's got Gnomicide sussed now.

Interrupted him RIGHT in the middle of his beloved Eurovision Song Contest (2019 Semi Final).

I've missed it. Only back in time for the results.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Curses, I used I.e. rather than E.g. you're safe so far on a technicality!

Didn't expect Croissant Neuf though. This throws all sorts into the mix. Bandstand? William's Green? 

I wonder if this was last minute because Block 9 cancelled? Might explain the lateness 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Why was Block 9 cancelled? What did I miss? 

On 5/13/2019 at 6:35 PM, Ddiamondd said:

I'm going to make myself unfortunate around these parts, but...

Block9 will now no longer be out tomorrow, there are hold-ups before the big reveal. The info given to Resident Advisor has dated. This is coming direct from an unimpeachable source and I could also corroborate it with back-ups.

Not sure what feeds in to replace though.

14 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

This will be my third straight Thursday coach arrival and believe me, it’s 1,002,746 times better than not having a ticket.

It also has a noticeably positive effect on Sunday energy levels too.

Plus it has a weird side effect of not being that bothered about when the line up comes out. After trying to avoid Glastonbury stuff for months just being on here and soaking it up is a pleasure.

Our whole group have been Thursday arriving for decades, mainly for the keeping your powder dry reason. It’s really not that bad!

Edited by Homer

We've also generally been Thursday. It was traditionally Thursday to Monday, or even Tuesday for our gang in our early days. I have flirted with the occasional Wednesday but these have often not worked out well - '97, '98, '07.

Also, I believe Thursday coach are slightly less difficult. I hope to make an Efest meet one day, but it's that Golden Ticket that is the most important. Even the camping is no real problem in the western suburbs. I don't need to be in Pennards anymore.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Homer said:

Our whole group have been Thursday arriving for decades, mainly for the keeping your powder dry reason. It’s really not that bad!

It’s not bad at all. Plus you know, I’m 42 now. Got to be sensible. ?

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We've been Thursday mornings for the last wee while. Means no queue worries, although it's always been with the security of a pre-booked camping space.

The Camping spot issue can be a nause, true. Last couple of years I’ve had friends who took my tent in on Weds. Not sure that’s a goer this year but there’s only two of us and we aren’t bothered about camping miles out. In fact first spot after getting off the bus will do.