Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Kylie announced around Christmas

Macca announced at the Brits

The Cure on the main poster.

14 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Paul McCartney will be announced on Christmas Day, just after the Queen's speech.

She's subbing him, if you like.

I know they've taken a big gamble on an up and coming grime star on the Pyramid already this year, but I think it's unlikely Lady Leshurr will be big enough to sub by June. Love to be proven wrong tho.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Kylie announced around Christmas

Macca announced at the Brits

The Cure on the main poster.

I know they've taken a big gamble on an up and coming grime star on the Pyramid already this year, but I think it's unlikely Lady Leshurr will be big enough to sub by June. Love to be proven wrong tho.

Female though? "ticks the boxes".

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Female though? "ticks the boxes".

There's been a lot buzzing around here the past few days, and if you will run around without any profile picture then I don't really remember who you are (I've got a visual sort of memory, see?). So if you are on the side of mocking the "wah wah wah it's just box ticking" fuckbois then I say to you, yes har har good mocking there. But if you're one of the serious proponents of the aforementioned fuckboi school of thought, then stop embarrassing yourself you great oaf.

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

There's been a lot buzzing around here the past few days, and if you will run around without any profile picture then I don't really remember who you are (I've got a visual sort of memory, see?). So if you are on the side of mocking the "wah wah wah it's just box ticking" fuckbois then I say to you, yes har har good mocking there. But if you're one of the serious proponents of the aforementioned fuckboi school of thought, then stop embarrassing yourself you great oaf.

Nah, Stokeys’ alright. He does need a profile pic tho, I agree 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's this category, entirely.

I 100% get that... with me though even if there is a profile picture, I tend not to take notice when reading comments and completely forget whether I've had agreements/disagreements with certain posters! 

I shall whack a picture in though I've been meaning to do so.

Edited by Stokesy10

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I 100% get that... with me though even if there is a profile picture, I tend not to take notice when reading comments and completely forget whether I've had agreements/disagreements with certain posters! 

Use this baba ganoush

paleo-baba-ganoush-recipe.jpg

it's in a circular bowl so it'll fit nicely.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

17 hours ago, Pollulu said:

Kinda gutted, first Glastonbury and by the sounds of it I won’t get to party at the pyramid. Stormzy, the Cure and McCartney ?. Hoping beyond hope they announce Led Zepplin

not partied at the pyramid since 2010

you are not going to miss anything, unless you like looking at flags

• Like 1

A new thread dedicated to deciding what Stokesy should use as a profile pick. That will gradually descend into an argument over which dip is best, and whether baba ganoush is actually big enough to be in the main supermarket salad display or whether it should go back to refrigerated dips section to make room for more variations of houmous.

Just now, Quark said:

A new thread dedicated to deciding what Stokesy should use as a profile pick. That will gradually descend into an argument over which dip is best, and whether baba ganoush is actually big enough to be in the main supermarket salad display or whether it should go back to refrigerated dips section to make room for more variations of houmous.

Shit ain't even humus or baba ganoush in my book, just oil and salt. Gotta make it yourself.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

top 3

1. Humous

2. Guacamole 

3. sweet curry Mcdonalds dip

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

But back onto the original topic (announcements, not dips or Stokesy's profile pic) I wasn't expecting a headliner until the new year so I clearly know nothing. Have no idea now.

(Sidenote) Is your name based on the elementary particle of an atom, or the cheese? Or neither?

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

(Sidenote) Is your name based on the elementary particle of an atom, or the cheese? Or neither?

Neither, the Star Trek character :)

A friend once remarked that I bear a passing resemblance to said bald pointy-eared alien and it bloody stuck :lol:

So the side joke that developed from that is that I met Stu properly for the first time last year, introduced myself but he heard it as Mark. Took him hours to realise.  Hence the quote from Fatyeti in my posts and the occasional reference to me as Mark Quark.

#cliquejokes :D

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Neither, the Star Trek character :)

A friend once remarked that I bear a passing resemblance to said bald pointy-eared alien and it bloody stuck :lol:

So the side joke that developed from that is that I met Stu properly for the first time last year, introduced myself but he heard it as Mark. Took him hours to realise.  Hence the quote from Fatyeti in my posts and the occasional reference to me as Mark Quark.

#cliquejokes :D

I feel so in the crowd right now! And I should have put two and two together with your picture really...!

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Use this.

FB_IMG_1542379367111.jpg

• Like 1