Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Looks like tomorrow if this embargo thing seems to be anything of note. 

There is no way the Spice Girls can be announced for this year. Maybe for next but I would have thought there wasn't a spot available for them for 19

Can anyone remember a previous time when we've had so little intel on the two top stages at this point? The rumour page for Other has seven confirmed acts against it. I still think there is a few surprises in the wings. seems strange though? 

8 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Hello, I’m embargo man and as I said before, I’m 99% sure it’s tomorrow (unless I’ve misunderstood the info).

Yeah sorry got the user wrong.  Out of interest is the act likely to be on the main stage(s)

9 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

Can anyone remember a previous time when we've had so little intel on the two top stages at this point? The rumour page for Other has seven confirmed acts against it. I still think there is a few surprises in the wings. seems strange though? 

Quite normal really. Certainly the same in 2016 and 17 although the first poster was definitely a few names short of what we were expecting. 

25 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Hello, I’m embargo man and as I said before, I’m 99% sure it’s tomorrow (unless I’ve misunderstood the info).

How big is the act who has the umbongo? what stage are they playing? bigger the stage the more likely the umbongo to be inline with announcement. If they are playing the Tiny Tea tent then I suspect we might not get the full shebang tomorrow,

This years poster seemed alot smaller than previous years doing a quick name count. I counted super quickly so might have been a couple under or over. It definitely feels like were missing a few for the other and pyramid. 

2016 poster -  75 artists

2017 poster  -  86 artists 

2019 poster  -  65 artists 

6 minutes ago, lobo said:

This years poster seemed alot smaller than previous years doing a quick name count. I counted super quickly so might have been a couple under or over. It definitely feels like were missing a few for the other and pyramid. 

We’re missing 41 acts for Pyramid, JP and Other stage (based on 2017)

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

I dunno if anyone else did the same but I did a count after the Park poster and it seems that if you take away the Park, West Holts and the March poster then there are 40 acts tba across Pyramid, Other, John Peel. Doesn’t actually seem like a lot if you split it per day.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno if anyone else did the same but I did a count after the Park poster and it seems that if you take away the Park, West Holts and the March poster then there are 40 acts tba across Pyramid, Other, John Peel. Doesn’t actually seem like a lot if you split it per day.

its almost the secrecy as well though this year. we'd usually be clearer about more acts that we know of and their stages by now. I can only guess they're late planning the order this year to accomodate more names. But middle tier ones, not expecting huge names.

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Indeed, we’re as sad as each other. 

No I’m sadder.

Just now, Cuboid said:

its almost the secrecy as well though this year. we'd usually be clearer about more acts that we know of and their stages by now. I can only guess they're late planning the order this year to accomodate more names. But middle tier ones, not expecting huge names.

It has sort of been the case with the Wedt Holts and Park that the first few lines have been already announced acts, right? Have to look a bit further down for the additions. Might well be the same for the rest of stages.

Just now, dentalplan said:

No I’m sadder.

It has sort of been the case with the Wedt Holts and Park that the first few lines have been already announced acts, right? Have to look a bit further down for the additions. Might well be the same for the rest of stages.

Debatable

I’d say we’ll have a couple of big acts to go but most will be fillers.  It’s the same most years that we think here’s some big acts to announce but when they do it’s mostly the lower halves of the stages

Hi Embargo Man! Do you still spend much time with Non Disclosure Agreement man? If indeed the lineup is to be made public in advance of the time stipulated on the embargo surely his services would be more suitable in this instance. Be very odd if the lineup was out and the bands weren't allowed to talk about it. 

Edited by gherkin8r