Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Lauren - "Wow, some really exciting new things planned for this years festival. And finally, Emily, when will the full line up be announced?"

EE - "We're keeping it under wraps for now, but sometime in June"

eFestivals members - *collective groan*

thought this was a real post for a second and died a little inside ?

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

She’s definitely preferable to Keaveney! Plays good tunes and no annoying “bantz”.

Miss RadMac in the afternoons ?

I miss the "bantz", she does play some top tunes though.

Keaveney works great in the afternoon slot though for me, I tend to catch that slot more anyway making my lunch.

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Lauren - "Wow, some really exciting new things planned for this years festival. And finally, Emily, when will the full line up be announced?"

EE - "We're keeping it under wraps for now, but sometime in June"

eFestivals members - *collective groan*

Ah man I actually read that in her voice as well. I hope this doesn't actually happen. 

We only have a couple more days for the app to come out too if the press release is anything to go by anyway. 

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

She’s definitely preferable to Keaveney! Plays good tunes and no annoying “bantz”.

Miss RadMac in the afternoons ?

I dunno, I enjoyed SK in the mornings, possibly because I only listened during my 40 minute drive to work, so it was a small dose. Plus his self-deprecating and the whole 'i'm crap' persona was a decent mid-point between Radio 4 (which can get depressing after a while) and some god-awful faked collective jollity at silly o'clock on a work day.

Lauren is great though IMHO, although she when she refers to social media as 'the socials' I cringe a bit.

I do miss RadMac.

MAH is the Queen for me though. 

6 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

thought this was a real post for a second and died a little inside ?

Oops. Apologies!

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Ah man I actually read that in her voice as well. I hope this doesn't actually happen. 

We only have a couple more days for the app to come out too if the press release is anything to go by anyway. 

I'm trying to do reverse psychology on myself, I think.

I was determined I wouldn't get sucked into this this year and be more laid back about it, but I'm totally hooked...yet again.

*Cue: Pacino / Godfather 3 meme*

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

I'm trying to do reverse psychology on myself, I think.

I was determined I wouldn't get sucked into this this year and be more laid back about it, but I'm totally hooked...yet again.

*Cue: Pacino / Godfather 3 meme*

Depends on the day for me, i've been hooked and then less bothered but I think that has had more to do with work. the Mrs is away and I'm back at work so I'm fully invested in it today. 

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

How is LL going in the breakfast slot? I only really listen to RadMac and Roundtable on listen again since the reshuffle sadly.

I think she's great. She's always been my favourite of the 6 Music Dj's and sadly I don't get to listen as much as I used to as her breakfast show clashes with dog walk time for me. I still hear a bit just not as much. 

Consensus from my group/twitter is that Emily and Lauren will reveal a few big names during show to be shortly followed by full line up drop that afternoon.

Based on nothing but pure speculation mind...however it does make sense that they would want to use the show to actually announce something rather than purely to discuss line up. 

4 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Consensus from my group/twitter is that Emily and Lauren will reveal a few big names during show to be shortly followed by full line up drop that afternoon.

Based on nothing but pure speculation mind...however it does make sense that they would want to use the show to actually announce something rather than purely to discuss line up. 

Idk I can't see there being yet another radio interview where she has to restrict what she says because the lineup hadn't been announced yet.

Think it'd be pretty cool if EE announced the full line ups for the five main stages by day on the show. 

And then the poster comes out after the show.

EDIT: Just remembered West Holts has already done that.

Edited by mb23

3 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Idk I can't see there being yet another radio interview where she has to restrict what she says because the lineup hadn't been announced yet.

Maybe there's a big fat name missing from the poster that they are gonna drop on Friday? 

You are right though it also seems strange to drag it out further like that if the line up is imminent 

If the MPs really cared, they'd force through a law that ensures Glastonbury announcements have to come swiftly and without all this secrecy and long drawn-out process. The status quo means that the country's workforce productivity is at a low ebb as we all spend waaaaay too much time speculating about announcements that may or may not come and refreshing pages endlessly. Not to mention the environmental effect on all the unnecessary screen time which is powered by fossil fuels...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

If the MPs really cared, they'd force through a law that ensures Glastonbury announcements have to come swiftly and without all this secrecy and long drawn-out process. The status quo means that the country's workforce productivity is at a low ebb as we all spend waaaaay too much time speculating about announcements that may or may not come and refreshing pages endlessly. Not to mention the environmental effect on all the unnecessary screen time which is powered by fossil fuels...

Don’t think they’re playing mate.

I definitely prefer Lauren Laverne doing 6 music morning show. Felt like Shean Keaveny never shut up. It's meant to be a music show, not a talk show and I found his constant putting himself down predictable rather than charming.

So glad they made the change. She's a billion times better than him IMHO

• Like 1