Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no idea, but I got an email this arvo to say he's done a deal with the glimmer twins to get the rights back for Bittersweet and to not have to credit them.

Bet that cost him a fat packet.

Fair play though because it is his song and a orchestral cover of their songs music. Wish Ashcroft would play to be honest, he was brilliant supporting Liam Gallagher last summer.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

didn't have the best of reputations several issues with it last time ... so it either needed shelving or a complete rebrand / move lets see 

They’ve  updated the post to confirm they won’t be there this year.

1 minute ago, Barneym said:

Are we expecting an announcement tomorrow?

Yes!!! (Maybe)

Block 9 were supposed to announce but delaying till Monday due to election. So maybe Arcadia, but find it hard to imagine they would switch from whatever they were destined for

Maybe a small Beat Hotel, or something we haven't considered..... But given that Block 9 were scheduled, can't see it being a big 'en

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Yes!!! (Maybe)

Block 9 were supposed to announce but delaying till Monday due to election. So maybe Arcadia, but find it hard to imagine they would switch from whatever they were destined for

Maybe a small Beat Hotel, or something we haven't considered..... But given that Block 9 were scheduled, can't see it being a big 'en

How many Beat Hotels are there??

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Why is Block 9 delayed because of the election? I don't get it. How does a poster drop have any effect on voting, which takes five seconds? Seems like it's just not ready to me.

Busy news day so a bad time to issue for maximum exposure. Although shifting it to Monday would make v little sense (weekends being a v bad time to get exposure as people are busy/less engaged). If an announcement did come on Monday, that would make me personally think it’s more likely that we are getting the whole thing on Tuesday.

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Busy news day so a bad time to issue for maximum exposure. Although shifting it to Monday would make v little sense (weekends being a v bad time to get exposure as people are busy/less engaged). If an announcement did come on Monday, that would make me personally think it’s more likely that we are getting the whole thing on Tuesday.

But on the day of the election itself there's no news about it? Results aren't until Sunday apparently.

So if Block 9 is monday, with the reason is that yesterday they were out for the election, why not today? Surely something else is already today?

Possibilities & Curveballs

Arcadia? JPT? Williams Green? The  Bandstand? The Other? Glastonbury on Sea?

General announcement re - Love the farm leave no trace?

The Co op detailed?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

30 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

But on the day of the election itself there's no news about it? Results aren't until Sunday apparently.

Yeh, I think its a pretty odd reason too. Initially I thought it might be to not be obscured by a resignation or the results, but presumably none of that will come until Sunday/Monday. 

Imagine the gloriousness of a May resignation and a full poster drop on the same day!!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I know Block 9's reasoning makes little sense, but I am enjoying how whatever happens, it's taken as a sign that the whole thing is dropping on Tuesday

Tbh, I'll only believe it's coming on Tuesday if Arcadia drops today and then Block 9 on Monday, and even then I don't know why it would have to be Tuesday...?

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I think its a pretty odd reason too. Initially I thought it might be to not be obscured by a resignation or the results, but presumably none of that will come until Sunday/Monday. 

Imagine the gloriousness of a May resignation and a full poster drop on the same day!!! :lol:

I know Block 9's reasoning makes little sense, but I am enjoying how whatever happens, it's taken as a sign that the whole thing is dropping on Tuesday

Tbh, I'll only believe it's coming on Tuesday if Arcadia drops today and then Block 9 on Monday, and even then I don't know why it would have to be Tuesday...?

I fucking hate Theresa May but I don't think her resignation will be that glorious. Have you seen the other tossers? We're going to get Boris aren't we? FML.

I'd love it to be Tuesday. Plenty of time to soak it up before Emily is on Lauren's show on Friday.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I fucking hate Theresa May but I don't think her resignation will be that glorious. Have you seen the other tossers? We're going to get Boris aren't we? FML.

I'd love it to be Tuesday. Plenty of time to soak it up before Emily is on Lauren's show on Friday.

That's very true, but the tories in disarray is a glorious site...however temporary. Sorry, should save this for the politics thread (although, I've stopped going on there)

I would obviously love it to be ASAP, I just don't see it coming on Tuesday when there are still at least two massive areas to announce. I also don't know why Arcadia would willingly switch with Block 9 just because the latter aren't ready/don't want their announcement lost in the tory meltdown. 

Very happy to be proved wrong though! Although, I do actually need to get some work done today, so after 2pm would be great....

I can't understand why the election would have an impact on Block 9 announcing today or monday? If that is the reason then surely monday would be worse as the results are on Sunday and surely if she is resigning then the whole clusterf*ck starts again with the leadership struggle on monday anyway. 

They should just announce now to make us all feel better in preparation, in fact just drop the whole lineup now 

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I meant that as in, to drop something on a BH Monday, when most  people are out and about doing something better than being on a computer (hopefully), it would have to be as a last resort.

Anyway,m I'm sacrificing myself to The Line-Up Announcement Gods (are there The Line-Up Announcement Gods or just weather ones) by going to Shindig all weekend - so hopefully you'll get the whole lot in just over an hour after I leave!