Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Just now, Sasperella said:

Yeh, what's Arcadia up to? All quiet on that front! Guess they just get a kick out of being like the cool kids who sit on the back of the bus and drop their poster last

Maybe their build is behind schedule (with regards to the reveal).

Maybe the artists they've got will somehow give away what the final build will be like.

Maybe they wanna come and sit at the front of the bus with me, next to the teacher.

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I have it in my head that it will be simultaneous Emily starts speaking; they press live on the website. I know I've already told the dogs that they will be going for a later walk next Friday! :D

Oooo. Never thought of that. Like it.

Yeah, I think that now! ?

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'd have thought we might get Cineramageddon (if they are sticking to having to book it in advance!) 

They were on the 6th June in 17 and the festival started earlier that year too, pretty sure all the showings were fully booked on the same day too. 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, what's Arcadia up to? All quiet on that front! Guess they just get a kick out of being like the cool kids who sit on the back of the bus and drop their poster last

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Maybe their build is behind schedule (with regards to the reveal).

Maybe the artists they've got will somehow give away what the final build will be like.

Maybe they wanna come and sit at the front of the bus with me, next to the teacher.

Yep defo seems as though Arcadia are waiting to reveal as late as possible whatever their Pangea show is going to be. So far we don't know much other than it will be a show in the sky. I'm interested to know where the DJ booth will be too never mind anything else- I'm happy to start small :lol:

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

They were on the 6th June in 17 and the festival started earlier that year too, pretty sure all the showings were fully booked on the same day too. 

Yes I assumed last time it might have been a build thing as in shit will this be ready in time but they'd be more organised after a fallow year. It feels more coordinated than it usually is with all these announcements in the first place. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I assumed last time it might have been a build thing as in shit will this be ready in time but they'd be more organised after a fallow year. It feels more coordinated than it usually is with all these announcements in the first place. 

It's still a weird concept to me pre booking a screening for a certain time at Glastonbury. The whole thought of a movie drive in is a good one though just a weird way of doing it I suppose. 

* Mind saying that it would be packed if they didnt do it that way. 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

It's still a weird concept to me pre booking a screening for a certain time at Glastonbury. The whole thought of a movie drive in is a good one though just a weird way of doing it I suppose. 

We were talking about this and I hate the idea of pre-booking anything at Glastonbury as I'd hate to have to walk away from an amazing discovery because I was on a schedule. I thought a nice compromise would be 50% can be booked but you have to be there by 10 minutes before the start and after that it could be a free for all on the rest of the seats. I bet a lot of people book and don't turn up due to inebriation etc. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

We were talking about this and I hate the idea of pre-booking anything at Glastonbury as I'd hate to have to walk away from an amazing discovery because I was on a schedule. I thought a nice compromise would be 50% can be booked but you have to be there by 10 minutes before the start and after that it could be a free for all on the rest of the seats. I bet a lot of people book and don't turn up due to inebriation etc. 

That would work better, maybe they may trial something different this year. As you say we are both pretty sure there would have been a few no shows. I bet lots of people even forgot about booking it. 

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

I think you only have to pre book the cars, we just turned up there last time to see Johnny Depp, collected some headphones and that was it, guessing it will be the same this time. 

Charm x

Edited by Charm

21 minutes ago, Charm said:

I think you only have to pre book the cars, we just turned up there last time to see Johnny Depp, collected some headphones and that was it, guessing it will be the same this time. 

Charm x

Ah so you can just go and sit/stand in between the cars then? Makes a bit more sense if so. 

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm.....either it's gone or it's being reinvented....?

It needed to be moved at least, it was in such a strange place being so close to leftfield. Didn't look like  my cup of tea but maybe they should have put it in silver hayes. 

Edited by Doug85

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Ah so you can just go and sit/stand in between the cars then? Makes a bit more sense if so. 

Exactly that, suspect there’s a limited amount of headphones though and you have to pay a refundable deposit for them. 

Charm x 

34 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Ah good to know. Not that I have ever gotten round to watching a film at Glastonbury. Maybe one day!!

Just now, gigpusher said:

Ah good to know. Not that I have ever gotten round to watching a film at Glastonbury. Maybe one day!!

Fortunately I didn’t have to watch the film as Mr Charm just wanted to see Johnny Depp, left as it started along with loads of other people. 

Charm x

1 hour ago, Rob0510 said:

What are people’s thoughts on the Love bullet announcement? And the story they just put up on Instagram.

3FB4270F-8957-48B3-B082-E421DC759025.png

didn't have the best of reputations several issues with it last time ... so it either needed shelving or a complete rebrand / move lets see 

58 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

It needed to be moved at least, it was in such a stange place being so close to leftfield. Didn't look like  my cup of team but maybe they should have put it in silver hayes. 

Looked moody as fuck every time I walked past.

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Looked moody as fuck every time I walked past.

We only went there for the Elrow takeover but it was fairly decent for that.

Elrow brings the fun though.

• Like 1