Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

im usually running round from stage to stage constantly.

This is just Glastonbury to me. I go to smaller festivals with fewer names I know to have a chilled time. Glasto is all about filling my boots with music I love. Still time, I'd like at least 5 more bands I love on there.

52 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm starting to worry, I assumed this year was gonna be crazy full of stuff to see. All my faves are bringing new music out but hardly any are on the line up so far.

Hoping some are added to the final thing.

Same here. So many of my favorite bands are touring, doing other festivals or have new stuff out and none are at Glastonbury. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Totally the same for me. I keep thinking theres one of my faves lurking around the corner but so far no dice. This is currently the least jam packed Glasto ive ever had. Im actually looking forward to it - im usually running round from stage to stage constantly.

Going to have a lot more time to walk round and appriciate new music and new experiences  I think :)

I’m the opposite. Completely jam packed and clashes everywhere! 

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Who the hell knows anymore?!

Arcadia and Block9 ‘for sure’, but the way this year has gone I’d be in no way shocked to see a full poster drop for the Tiny Tea Tent!

Ben

Christ, I bet not being able to plan meticulously is giving you anal pruritus.

Edit: I couldn't find a valid medical term for 'making your shit itch'.

Edited by Woffy

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Right.

So what's left before the Big Drop?

Cineramageddon

William's Green

John Peel

Other

Pyramid

The Greenfields _ Toad Hall and the like

The Bandstand near William's Green 

Theatre & Circus still haven't done a full announcement although they are adding acts all the time and a poster for them would be huge as they tend to be smaller sets. 

Who knows how small they'll get??

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I also saw the Best Hotel had said they were going to do a announcement "soon"

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Cineramageddon

William's Green

John Peel

Other

Pyramid

The Greenfields _ Toad Hall and the like

The Bandstand near William's Green 

Theatre & Circus still haven't done a full announcement although they are adding acts all the time and a poster for them would be huge as they tend to be smaller sets. 

Who knows how small they'll get??

(As spoilt as this sounds) Oh FFS.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

To console you a little: the beat hotel and Cineramageddon  were released after the big one in 17. Arcadia were the last to announce before the big reveal but there was a full 4 days in between those. Block 9 are the only ones really spoiling the party a bit in being so late. 

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

FWIW, I really don't see them announcing everything, plus sometimes things come afterwards. If the Best Hotel drop one, reckon it will be small and not worthy of a Thingy update. The Greenfields and everything on or near it could get an announcement I guess.....

Im putting it at 3 +/- 1 more announcements squeezed in before "the big one" on the 30/31st May. 

44 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

To console you a little: the beat hotel and Cineramageddon  were released after the big one in 17. Arcadia were the last to announce before the big reveal but there was a full 4 days in between those. Block 9 are the only ones really spoiling the party a bit in being so late. 

Cheers Doug. Who needs the Thingy! (I jest: AHTT, obvs).

43 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

FWIW, I really don't see them announcing everything, plus sometimes things come afterwards. If the Best Hotel drop one, reckon it will be small and not worthy of a Thingy update. The Greenfields and everything on or near it could get an announcement I guess.....

Im putting it at 3 +/- 1 more announcements squeezed in before "the big one" on the 30/31st May. 

As Doug also mentioned, in my bratty eagerness I'd completely forgotten some stuff comes afterwards.

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

As Doug also mentioned, in my bratty eagerness I'd completely forgotten some stuff comes afterwards.

I am also a bit miffed at the prospect of no big area announcement until next week. If Block 9 are delaying due to election/poss resignation, I can't see Arcadia bringing an announcement forward...?

57 minutes ago, Woffy said:

We are totally in first world problems (and creme de la creme of those!) but yes I get you. I personally think Other and Pyramid additionals will be announced on Lauren's show on the 31st as they'll be the rest of the big names possibly John Peel as well. I'd have thought we might get Cineramageddon (if they are sticking to having to book it in advance!) 

I completely forgot about the Beat Hotel (kind of see that as being in Silver Hayes and in my head that was done!)

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

:lol: nothing bratty about it, we just want it all now so we have a bit of tunnel vision. If Block 9 and Arcadia can sort themselves out we are then running smoothly. 

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I am also a bit miffed at the prospect of no big area announcement until next week. If Block 9 are delaying due to election/poss resignation, I can't see Arcadia bringing an announcement forward...?

Just now, gigpusher said:

We are totally in first world problems (and creme de la creme of those!) but yes I get you. I personally think Other and Pyramid additionals will be announced on Lauren's show on the 31st as they'll be the rest of the big names possibly John Peel as well. I'd have thought we might get Cineramageddon (if they are sticking to having to book it in advance!) 

I completely forgot about the Beat Hotel (kind of see that as being in Silver Hayes and in my head that was done!)

I've got it into my head (based on nothing whatsoever) that the full drop will happen before the Lauren Laverne show / Emily guest appearance...but that EE will keep a few things back to reveal on the show.

Perhaps. Maybe. 

Just now, Doug85 said:

:lol: nothing bratty about it, we just want it all now so we have a bit of tunnel vision. If Block 9 and Arcadia can sort themselves out we are then running smoothly. 

Yeh, what's Arcadia up to? All quiet on that front! Guess they just get a kick out of being like the cool kids who sit on the back of the bus and drop their poster last

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I've got it into my head (based on nothing whatsoever) that the full drop will happen before the Lauren Laverne show / Emily guest appearance...but that EE will keep a few things back to reveal on the show.

Perhaps. Maybe. 

I have it in my head that it will be simultaneous Emily starts speaking; they press live on the website. I know I've already told the dogs that they will be going for a later walk next Friday! :D

Edited by gigpusher