Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Just now, oldmagsy83 said:

Only if you like your festival stages to sound like some posh laptop kid playing in a soulless Dalston warehouse. Or maybe a trendy boho store in Chelsea.

I must have missed the Michael Kiwanuka, Kate Tempest, IDLES, Little Simz, Kurt Vile and Fat White Family super group aka the Posh Laptop Kid set? 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I've been told it'll be super super trendy and full of posh kids with imacs 

Nah the wormhole sounds amazing...

Look, i just think this is a disappointing park stage line up apart from 7/8 acts. Bit soulless lower down and some really dull bands in TGTBTQ, rex orange county etc.

Just my opinion. I'm usually reliant on the Park esp during the early parts of the afternoon, and it's just pretty dull. Maybe not just mac book poshos, but it is certainly dull. Kate tempest and Hot chip will be fun though! And Idles!

1 minute ago, hhunting said:

so in theory another 30 or so acts yet to be announced for the 3 remaining stages?

Nearer 50? say 10 acts a day on Pyramid, Other and JP. That's 30 acts over a day on the 3 stages. 90 over 3 days. 

I count 38 acts left on that poster not placed yet. 

6 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Nearer 50? say 10 acts a day on Pyramid, Other and JP. That's 30 acts over a day on the 3 stages. 90 over 3 days. 

I count 38 acts left on that poster not placed yet. 

i was going by the 8 acts a day over 3 stages just to be on the safe side (i think pyramid is usually)

Edited by hhunting

Based on 2017 we had:

pyramid - 24

other - 27

JP - 29

= 80 acts

We have 39 on that poster above so in theory another 41 to announce. 

Of the 39 we know 11 are pyramid acts, 6 are other and 3 are JP.  With the remaining 19 having their stage unknown 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, sisco said:

Based on 2017 we had:

pyramid - 24

other - 27

JP - 29

= 80 acts

We have 39 on that poster above so in theory another 41 to announce. 

Of the 39 we know 11 are pyramid acts, 6 are other and 3 are JP.  With the remaining 19 having their stage unknown 

This is cool - lots of surprises to come I think

Just now, OddRon said:

two door are the sub for the other on the Friday, the only day Interpol can play but also really don't want them to clash with idles, tame or two door. it's tricky 

If they play 3rd down other then I don't think they clash do they? (Assuming the Idles on at 6 information is still true, Interpol wouldnt start till after 7)