Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

44 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha! I do want it now sure...it just seems unlikely

Also, I know there is no pattern, but I just realised that since they've been doing area announcements, this has been the number of days before the gates open that we get a poster drop:

2015: 22 days (2nd June, gates opened 24th)

2016: 22 days (31st May, gates opened 22nd)

2017: 22 days (30th May, gates opened 21st)

So on a calculation based on absolutely no kind of pattern, I'd say NOW is less likely than the w/c 3rd June

Any chance EE is reading this and now pushes back any announcement just to mess with us?

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont. If they want to big up the Wormhole gang, they'll give them their own day.

None of know what to expect from the wormhole though to be fair.

Don't need to be so blunt about it, none of us knows what The Wormhole is. Could have its own announcement as you say but also could be a new stage that will be released as part of The Park lineup (like Blind Tiger in the Unfairground) or an independent announcement like Babylon Uprising was (released on the same day as West Holts).

24 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Don't need to be so blunt about it, none of us knows what The Wormhole is. Could have its own announcement as you say but also could be a new stage that will be released as part of The Park lineup (like Blind Tiger in the Unfairground) or an independent announcement like Babylon Uprising was (released on the same day as West Holts).

I didnt think there was anything wrong with how I worded that response. All I said is that I dont think there will be 2 amnouncements in 1 day.

14 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I didn't. His set was sublime in 2017 but too good for that frankly half arsed stage. He likes a change too and never really repeats venues. New block 9 is our only hope....

Sasha played Glade stage in 2010, 2014 and 2017!

I reckon it could be Pangea this year though.

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Haha! I do want it now sure...it just seems unlikely

Also, I know there is no pattern, but I just realised that since they've been doing area announcements, this has been the number of days before the gates open that we get a poster drop:

2015: 22 days (2nd June, gates opened 24th)

2016: 22 days (31st May, gates opened 22nd)

2017: 22 days (30th May, gates opened 21st)

So on a calculation based on absolutely no kind of pattern, I'd say NOW is less likely than the w/c 3rd June

3 occurrences is officially a pattern

http://wiki.c2.com/?RuleOfThree

#AHTT

There is sometimes a pattern.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I didnt think there was anything wrong with how I worded that response. All I said is that I dont think there will be 2 amnouncements in 1 day.

Me: I predict we will get Block 9 and The Wormhole tomorrow.
Yourself: I don't. If they want to big up the Wormhole gang, they'll give them their own day.

As if I made a stupid statement when it's perfectly plausible.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Yourself: I don't. If they want to big up the Wormhole gang, they'll give them their own day.

I really don't think @FuzzyDunlop was being as blunt as you think or insinuating your opinion was stupid, buddy. Sometimes these things get lost in translation when it's just text on a screen but I believe he was just voicing his alternative opinion.

• Upvote 1

I’m finding the drawn out process really irritating now, we’ve all invested in the fesi and I quite like going through the acts looking for hidden gems! If it doesn’t come out until June the 3rd as the pattern suggest that doesn’t leave a lot of time to peruse the whole line up and give acts a chance to catch my attention!

I love Glastonbury and we all understand the significance of doing it this way building it up but to drag it out for so long it’s just ridiculous and no need at all.

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!!!

(rant over)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I really don't think @FuzzyDunlop was being as blunt as you think or insinuating your opinion was stupid, buddy. Sometimes these things get lost in translation when it's just text on a screen but I believe he was just voicing his alternative opinion.

Yeah probably just me taking everything to heart I apologise.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Razza_bezza said:

I’m finding the drawn out process really irritating now, we’ve all invested in the fesi and I quite like going through the acts looking for hidden gems! If it doesn’t come out until June the 3rd as the pattern suggest that doesn’t leave a lot of time to peruse the whole line up and give acts a chance to catch my attention!

I love Glastonbury and we all understand the significance of doing it this way building it up but to drag it out for so long it’s just ridiculous and no need at all.

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!!!

(rant over)

I mean, actually it would give you the exact amount of time as for the past three festivals ?

AHTT

There is no pattern

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Haven't the Wormhole already said they're announcing today on their Facebook?

11 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I think you're reading the wrong tone, I don't think there was any implication you were being stupid, simply another opinion backed up with a reason. In other words, a normal discussion. And I don't think there was anything stupid in anything either of you said.

Think the Wormhole will be an announcement of its own rather than bundled with the Park, but I hope I’m wrong - my eyes always dart straight to the Park when the full lineup drops but would be nice to take it all in at once rather than along with thousands of other acts.