Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

10 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Block9 dudes are staunchly independent, queer, underground-championing rebels. Sasha, though not hugely his own fault, represents everything they fought against.

I know it looks like all big DJs and big moments and it’s petty tribalism but that’s the way it goes. Sasha’s just about as likely as Virgil Abloh to displace Tama Sumo or Derrick May.

Funnily enough, the first time I ever took a thingmyjig was in about 1995. Sasha was DJing at a gay club in Bristol with Nick Warren for a fiver on a Thursday night.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

“I see a man in a sparkly waistcoat singing about not looking a thing like Jesus...

...As Jupiter moves in Mars we see a miserable bunch of pale lads...”

Fun fact:

She's now 76.

So if she's still using that photo on her Glastonbury ticket, she ain't getting in.

Although I guess she knows that already.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm expecting it to be Wormhole today, Block 9 on Friday, Arcadia and any other venues next week with the complete lineup announced during w/c 03/06

Yeh me too! Although would obvs love the full lineup on the 31st (which seems hopeful given the EE thing). To me, the delays suggest the lineup being later, rather than dropping next which some others are suggesting. But then there's nowt wrong with a bit of optimism 

Just now, JoeyT said:

I'm going to go with Wormhole (but hopefully entire Park area!) today, Block 9 tomorrow and Arcadia on Friday.

4 in a row. Bosh.

Big one on Tuesday.

The Park is the dream. 

Potentially controversial, but if they gave us the whole Park today, I wouldn't even grumble if we got Block9/Arcadia next week, and the full thing on the 3rd. As long as it's good like, and poss to work out times from!

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm going to go with Wormhole (but hopefully entire Park area!) today, Block 9 tomorrow and Arcadia on Friday.

4 in a row. Bosh.

Big one on Tuesday.

Entire Park line up would well and truly make my day, and tide me over until the Full Drop.

Edit: exactly what @Sasperellasaid above.

Edited by Woffy

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

The Park is the dream. 

Potentially controversial, but if they gave us the whole Park today, I wouldn't even grumble if we got Block9/Arcadia next week, and the full thing on the 3rd. As long as it's good like, and poss to work out times from!

You crazy!

We want it now! Now! Now!

Just now, Phoenix Girl said:

You’re not satisfied with the guaranteed wormhole drop today so you’re now hoping for the Park as well? Don’t make the line up gods cross, we’ve only just started moving again.

I just find it a little bit odd that they announce by area generally for instance Shangri-La has multiple stages and they didn't do each stage on a different day.

Admittedly we've never had a general Park area announcement IIRC but then neither has an individual stage within the Park area had its own so it could go either way.

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

4 in a row. Bosh.

Big one on Tuesday.

I'm with you on this. Sounds great.

Also I don't think the whole Park area is asking for a lot - Wormhole will just be a handful of DJs anyway. Seems a long time ago we had the glory of full Glade and Shangri La drops and it's been slim pickings since.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

10 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

You’re not satisfied with the guaranteed wormhole drop today so you’re now hoping for the Park as well? Don’t make the line up gods cross, we’ve only just started moving again.

Naaaah....they like that we're so eager 

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

You crazy!

We want it now! Now! Now!

Haha! I do want it now sure...it just seems unlikely

Also, I know there is no pattern, but I just realised that since they've been doing area announcements, this has been the number of days before the gates open that we get a poster drop:

2015: 22 days (2nd June, gates opened 24th)

2016: 22 days (31st May, gates opened 22nd)

2017: 22 days (30th May, gates opened 21st)

So on a calculation based on absolutely no kind of pattern, I'd say NOW is less likely than the w/c 3rd June

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Also, I know there is no pattern, but I just realised that since they've been doing area announcements, this has been the number of days before the gates open that we get a poster drop:

So on a calculation based on absolutely no kind of pattern, I'd say NOW is less likely than the w/c 3rd June

This is tremendous work.

42 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

hd-aspect-1477924454-maxresdefault.jpg?resize=480:*

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

That does seem remarkably like a pattern to me.......tenor-20.gif.2996dcecfc214eb7bf3c161871341e77.gif

43 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So what you're saying is, there is a pattern? :p