Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Glasgow is brilliant for gigs generally (as a non-native Glasgow resident) but this summer especially. Got Doves, Foos, The Cure, 2 nights at The National and if I can pull some strings at work would love to add Suede at Kelvingrove and Hot Chip at Rouken Glen

I'd say they have as good a choice or maybe even better choice than in London (for my tastes anyway), pretty impressive for a country that's got half the population roughly in one city alone. Although outside of Glasgow its pretty dire! This year and last year have got great selections in both cities though to be fair.

29 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So Wormhole tomorrow, possibly as part of the rest of The Park. 

I'll be very happy to have the Park announced.  The Wormhole is definite isn't it?  Well, as definite as we get - they've said it's tomorrow haven't they?  Unless they change their mind/something changes etc.

4 hours ago, Nduja said:

This drought is worse than when Avon Barksdale was suffocating the streets with weak, stepped-on product.

Need that WMD pronto.

I am trying really to be relevant, but I really have no idea what any of that means.  At all. 

The sad reality has finally dawned on me that I am a fat middle aged man trying to be cool

... I bet I still drink more beer at Glasto than of the cool kids though...

15 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'll be very happy to have the Park announced.  The Wormhole is definite isn't it?  Well, as definite as we get - they've said it's tomorrow haven't they?  Unless they change their mind/something changes etc.

As definite as this.

Just now, dingbat2 said:

I am trying really to be relevant, but I really have no idea what any of that means.  At all. 

The sad reality has finally dawned on me that I am a fat middle aged man trying to be cool

The show has been off air since 2009. I still highly recommend it.

So much so, my name on here is a reference from it!

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Me too on all points except being a man!

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

It's from the TV show The Wire, absolutely worth a watch no matter your age!

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The show has been off air since 2009. I still highly recommend it.

So much so, my name on here is a reference from it!

Fuzzy is 100% correct. 

The Wire is simply fantastic. 

Try also David Simon’s journalistic books Homicide and The Corner on which The Wire was based. 

• Like 1