Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Regarding all the "next Tuesday" comments.

I feel the need to plead for caution here - Tuesday 28th isn't a confirmed or as far as I remember even rumoured date, it's just the earliest of a potential range dates based on precedent. All we can reasonably predict is that it'll be some time from then onwards, and probably in that week.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

We've got quite a few to cram in this week if we're getting the full announcement next Tuesday!

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye, a small part of me is holding out hope they just drop the whole thing on Friday. There's still that comment from the Block 9 article about the "Glastonbury lineup releasing..." *clings on to hope of a pre-Bank Holiday announcement*

Imagine spending the weekend sat outside, drinking wine, having a BBQ and perusing the whole lineup?!

Christ almighty, you're on fire this morning jparx!

What you said. I want that!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye, a small part of me is holding out hope they just drop the whole thing on Friday. There's still that comment from the Block 9 article about the "Glastonbury lineup releasing..." *clings on to hope of a pre-Bank Holiday announcement*

Imagine spending the weekend sat outside, drinking wine, having a BBQ and perusing the whole lineup?!

This would be amazing, I am at big weekend on Saturday but my hangover sunday would be remedied with sitting in the garden listening to my new additions to my playlist. We can all hope. 

5 minutes ago, incident said:

I feel the need to plead for caution here - Tuesday 28th isn't a confirmed or as far as I remember even rumoured date, it's just the earliest of a potential range dates based on precedent. All we can reasonably predict is that it'll be some time from then onwards, and probably in that week.

Usually when we think we have seen a pattern there is none... 

12 minutes ago, incident said:

In that case, we may not get it next week at all. Week after maybe.

EE announced that their app will be available to download in May.

The app historically has always been released after the lineup with times has come out.

So i'd say if it isn't on Tuesday of next week it'll be by Friday at the latest.

The official Glastonbury 2019 app, developed in partnership with EE, will be available to download in May, allowing festival-goers to plan their line up and find their way around the site. More information on the official app will be announced in the coming weeks.

https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-to-make-glastonbury-2019-uks-first-5g-festival/

Edited by JoeyT

I've said it before, but there's absolutely no reason that all of the areas we've assumed will have separate announcements will do - and definitely not necessarily before the full line-up drops. We've had areas announce later before (Cinerarmegeddon, I think?). The truth is we don't know. They could hit us with the big one today for all we know (personally I think Fri or Tues, but I definitely think May).

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

EE announced that their app will be available to download in May.

The app historically has always been released after the lineup with times has come out.

So i'd say if it isn't on Tuesday of next week it'll be by Friday at the latest.

https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-to-make-glastonbury-2019-uks-first-5g-festival/

Yessss

Ok, I'm firmly back in the end of May camp. How many times does the full line up have to drop on either the 30th or the 31st of May for it to become a pattern?

Am I right in thinking that the app (including some times of acts) came out before the festival announced one year?

Entirely plausible i've just dreamt that up of course...!

I've got this image of someone extremely smug knowing everything before us common folk as they set up the timetable part of the app.

Just now, JoeyT said:

Am I right in thinking that the app (including some times of acts) came out before the festival announced one year?

Entirely plausible i've just dreamt that up of course...!

I've got this image of someone extremely smug knowing everything before us common folk as they set up the timetable part of the app.

Kind of - last time out the app description was updated in Google Play before the times had dropped or the app itself had been released. This included a screenshot of the lineup grid for the main stages on the Friday evening. Don't think anyone had the app itself.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Kind of - last time out the app description was updated in Google Play before the times had dropped or the app itself had been released. This included a screenshot of the lineup grid for the main stages on the Friday evening. Don't think anyone had the app itself.

ah that'll be it.

45 minutes ago, incident said:

Earliest of a potential range based on recent years would be this Thursday. A lot of people are assuming Tuesday 28th (day after bank holiday) because that's what it was in 2016 and 2017.

I know #thereisnopattern but there is some sort of logic behind assuming it'll be dropped on that day.

44 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I actually need an announcement to prevent me from going elsewhere on the internet and encountering GoT spoilers 

I actually considered actually doing some work today to keep me distracted.  This was short lived when I realised I have the office to myself and no meetings or interviews booked in.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Despite having muted 200 hashtags and keywords on Twitter I'm still staying off it.  Even then I still keep pressing the icon out of force of habit.

I tried this earlier in the series. Doesn't work within headlines of stories either in your feed or the search bit. Must be avoided at all costs. I haven't risked getting through the day for this one though, got up at 1.50am for it.

45 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m also bunkering down here until this evening when I can watch it.

My mate was saying a guy he works with walked into their office this morning and loudly spoiled the whole thing!

I’d have lynched the fucker.

To the chap I always discuss it with I walked over and "spoiled" it, just to see his face.

I have not actually watched until tonight and was called a few choice words :) I did say very quickly after my made up spoiler

Edited by fred quimby