Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

I am guessing that we will get nothing more than the Unfairground today. Given my 100% record of being wrong, I am happy to make this prediction ? 

At this point, I would be over the moon with that!

I have very little interest in movies in normal life, let alone at Glastonbury, and while Croissant Neuf was an interesting curve ball, I want something a bit more substantial. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, deadpheasant said:

I'm fine with Pilton Palais being announced just another box ticked off on the road to the full announcement.

Unfairground, Block 9,Wormhole/Park, Arcadia remain. Possibly released in that order.

Whoa, is that's all that's left? 

We're flying now boys!

5 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I'm fine with Pilton Palais being announced just another box ticked off on the road to the full announcement.

Unfairground, Block 9,Wormhole/Park, Arcadia remain. Possibly released in that order.

Four to go. I'm not fussy (despite my earlier post complaining about the announcements....ha!) so any of those is fine, but we need at least that!!!

Otherwise we're looking at June for the full lineup

On 5/16/2019 at 9:11 AM, djdavejohnson said:

This is the issue my partner has - this will be the first Glastonbury since we've been together (owing to last year's fallow year) and I wish more than anything I could bring her with me so that we could expereince it together. She's never been, and this will be my 5th overall, and she so wants to come, but alas it's weighing up her being able to get to the festival around her teaching (she wouldn't be able to get down for 6pm on the Friday as travelling from just south of Manchester, probably closer to 9pm by the time she's parked up and walked onto site) and she'd likely have to leave around 6pm on the Sunday. She's contemplating the big one next year just to try it, so will see what happnes I guess!

It's a pity that teachers (including my son, his partner, 3 cousins, my sister-in-law, 2 aunts, 2 uncles) are so conscientious and don't just pull a sickie like any rational person ?

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Four to go. I'm not fussy (despite my earlier post complaining about the announcements....ha!) so any of those is fine, but we need at least that!!!

Otherwise we're looking at June for the full lineup

I mean, we don't definitely need each of those areas to have their own announcement before the biggie. We're just assuming they will, but maybe they won't. There is no pattern guys. 

2 minutes ago, Gedh said:

It's a pity that teachers (including my son, his partner, 3 cousins, my sister-in-law, 2 aunts, 2 uncles) are so conscientious and don't just pull a sickie like any rational person ?

From my albeit limited experience of seeing what my partner does day in, day out for the teaching cause, I can only take my hat off to her, and all teachers for that matter!

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I mean, we don't definitely need each of those areas to have their own announcement before the biggie. We're just assuming they will, but maybe they won't. There is no pattern guys. 

Just wait till they chuck in a John Peel tent announcement and catch us all off guard

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

From my albeit limited experience of seeing what my partner does day in, day out for the teaching cause, I can only take my hat off to her, and all teachers for that matter!

Oh I agree they work mega hard and bleed for their kids - a special form of madness. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:11 AM, djdavejohnson said:

This is the issue my partner has - this will be the first Glastonbury since we've been together (owing to last year's fallow year) and I wish more than anything I could bring her with me so that we could expereince it together. She's never been, and this will be my 5th overall, and she so wants to come, but alas it's weighing up her being able to get to the festival around her teaching (she wouldn't be able to get down for 6pm on the Friday as travelling from just south of Manchester, probably closer to 9pm by the time she's parked up and walked onto site) and she'd likely have to leave around 6pm on the Sunday. She's contemplating the big one next year just to try it, so will see what happnes I guess!

on one hand I feel for Teachers and the [predicament this causes

on the other secretly really happy as this means my wife ( who doesn't want to come ) she can never turn round and say she will give it a go and see what all the fuss is about,  I keep it my holiday .  

Just now, shuttlep said:

on one hand I feel for Teachers and the [predicament this causes

on the other secretly really happy as this means my wife ( who doesn't want to come ) she can never turn round and say she will give it a go and see what all the fuss is about,  I keep it my holiday .  

Cruel but fair.

12 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Unless they fancy  adding another week just for Cineramageddon (which usually gets announced after the full lineup anyway).

Can you say usually when it's only been there once? Arcadia is sometimes after the main announcement. I reckon we'll also get something on Glastonbury-On-Sea.

19 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Should lead to an announcement at 10am on the 28th... Unless they fancy  adding another week just for Cineramageddon (which usually gets announced after the full lineup anyway).

Even though this was also my prediction many moons ago it simply cannot happen as it would be 3 festivals running on the Tuesday after late May bank holiday and that indicates a pattern.

Today's announcement is the Wormhole though isn't it?

20 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Can you say usually when it's only been there once? Arcadia is sometimes after the main announcement. I reckon we'll also get something on Glastonbury-On-Sea.

Sorry :wacko: should rephrase that as "The only time there's been a Cineramaggedon announcement (last time in 2017) was after the full lineup"

I think there's still questions over whether Glastonbury-On-Sea will get a lineup poster like the rest or just a news post like Greenpeace.

Edited by deadpheasant

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Even though this was also my prediction many moons ago it simply cannot happen as it would be 3 festivals running on the Tuesday after late May bank holiday and that indicates a pattern.

Today's announcement is the Wormhole though isn't it?

Got delayed until the 22nd unfortunately.