Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Which film will Bradley introduce? All I can think off from the announcement is Endgame...?! I assumed it would be A Star is Born, but I don't think they mentioned that.

I've never seen a movie at Glastonbury, but would be genuinely tempted to see Endgame or Detective Pikachu if they didn't clash with the main stages.

Must be Endgame if there is no 'A Star is Born '

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Which film will Bradley introduce? All I can think off from the announcement is Endgame...?! I assumed it would be A Star is Born, but I don't think they mentioned that.

I've never seen a movie at Glastonbury, but would be genuinely tempted to see Endgame or Detective Pikachu if they didn't clash with the main stages.

I took my kids to the Pikachu movie last weekend. Please do not waste 90 mins of Glastonbury time on that pile of dross. I'd enjoy eating a growler whilst sat in a long drop more than I enjoyed that movie 

I've never seen a film at Pilton Palais yet but we did try and get up early in 2016 (i think?) to go see Finding Dory however the queue was huge and it was full very quickly. We used the time to go get a lovely breakfast baguette and go watch some random stuff in the Circus fields instead. Loving films as I do I get the novelty of wanting to go see a film at Glastonbury but i've still not managed it. Even didn't manage at Cineramageddon in 17 but that was more down to it needing to be booked in advance and I hate the idea of needing to be somewhere at a set time as random stuff usually gets in the way. 

9 minutes ago, justperfect said:

I took my kids to the Pikachu movie last weekend. Please do not waste 90 mins of Glastonbury time on that pile of dross. I'd enjoy eating a growler whilst sat in a long drop more than I enjoyed that movie 

mmmmm a growler in the long drop is there nothing finer in the world?

Just now, clarkete said:

I don't get that many opportunities to take a sh*t on someone else's sh*t, so that should be cherished. 

I was certain you were going to respond along the lines of 'have a sauna with strangers in a yurt', but bravo nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What like?

Sitting up to see the sun rise at the stone circle

everything about the south east corner is completely unique to glastonbury

stumbling across brilliant bands in tents you didn’t know existed 

having the green fields open selling tea with live music on at 5am to see the night in 

Even the sets you see at Glastonbury from the bigger acts are often very different in feel to how it would be say seeing them at their own show, or even at another festival. 

I guess I’m trying to say all the things that are unique about Glastonbury are the reason why we all love it 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe Shez said:

Sitting up to see the sun rise at the stone circle

everything about the south east corner is completely unique to glastonbury

stumbling across brilliant bands in tents you didn’t know existed 

having the green fields open selling tea with live music on at 5am to see the night in 

Even the sets you see at Glastonbury from the bigger acts are often very different in feel to how it would be say seeing them at their own show, or even at another festival. 

I guess I’m trying to say all the things that are unique about Glastonbury are the reason why we all love it 

The sun rises everywhere chief.

The only film I wanted to see at Glasto was "The Rocky Horror Show" as I suspect the audience participation would have been brilliant - unfortunately by the time the bus got there and I'd set  up camp it was already finished.