Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

15 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I think we both know in our hearts, she's dropping the full line up on Saturday evening, 1st June. Probably right before kickoff.

Oh God. I'd not thought of that.

I've been thinking of next week while I'm at Bearded.

Edited by Gnomicide

22 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

As a primary school teacher I've not arrived before 6pm on a Friday for about 15 years. 

I'd fucking love to turn up on Thursday!! 

This is the issue my partner has - this will be the first Glastonbury since we've been together (owing to last year's fallow year) and I wish more than anything I could bring her with me so that we could expereince it together. She's never been, and this will be my 5th overall, and she so wants to come, but alas it's weighing up her being able to get to the festival around her teaching (she wouldn't be able to get down for 6pm on the Friday as travelling from just south of Manchester, probably closer to 9pm by the time she's parked up and walked onto site) and she'd likely have to leave around 6pm on the Sunday. She's contemplating the big one next year just to try it, so will see what happnes I guess!

8 minutes ago, nathy137 said:

Not an official announcement but an announcment all the same, Pilton Palais confirm few films being shown this year.https://youtu.be/JTbFMh0N5wE

For anyone that doesn’t want to put themselves through it:

Liam Gallagher and Bradley Cooper there to introduce their films

Rocketman, Yesterday, Detective Picachiu, Endgame and Spider-Man into the spider verse being shown (there were others mentioned too)

Going to be giveaways during quizzes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, billum said:

I'd certainly like to see a couple of those films, but surely doing almost *anything* at Glasto that can be done elsewhere just as well is pointless?

Absolutley agree. I do really want to watch that zombie film but I can wait until I'm back in the real world for that.

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Is this first confirmation that Bradley Cooper will be there though? Must increase the chances of him playing some kind of set somewhere? Park?

He mentioned a secret set at the Park a while back when promoting A Star is Born and a lot of people just assumed he was taking the piss. Maybe, but I’m pretty sure he’s there every year anyway so doing a small introduction isn’t much of a hang up for him I’m sure. 

41 minutes ago, sisco said:

For anyone that doesn’t want to put themselves through it:

Liam Gallagher and Bradley Cooper there to introduce their films

Rocketman, Yesterday, Detective Picachiu, Endgame and Spider-Man into the spider verse being shown (there were others mentioned too)

Going to be giveaways during quizzes

Wish I'd read your summary before I wasted 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back. 

That bloke sounds just like Jamie Oliver.

I would actually like to see the film Beats....but watching a movie isn't on my list of things to do at Glastonbury.

14 minutes ago, dccool said:

Wish I'd read your summary before I wasted 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back. 

That bloke sounds just like Jamie Oliver.

I would actually like to see the film Beats....but watching a movie isn't on my list of things to do at Glastonbury.

Ha! I tried to help.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:01 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Pay close attention to where your car is parked. Take a photo or two of the area. It's been a while since I last came in by car, but I think there are signs telling you which bit of which car park you're in.

Cheers that's useful, last thing after 5 days at glasto is a game of hide and seek with the car!! haha 

1 hour ago, Jah_Roots said:

using the tent for a bit of a snooze, fair enough...

Agreed has a glorious sleep in there in 2014 early afternoon on the Thursday after going too hard day one and then getting tucked in again at the real ale bar. Man I love Glastonbury on the two days when there is nothing on as much as I love the weekend.

Which film will Bradley introduce? All I can think off from the announcement is Endgame...?! I assumed it would be A Star is Born, but I don't think they mentioned that.

I've never seen a movie at Glastonbury, but would be genuinely tempted to see Endgame or Detective Pikachu if they didn't clash with the main stages.