Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

33 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

It's my first year going by car this year (being driven to the festival) -  do any veterans have useful tips / pointers for a novice that might help me avoid the general dread, stress and tears that going by car might bring???

Pay close attention to where your car is parked. Take a photo or two of the area. It's been a while since I last came in by car, but I think there are signs telling you which bit of which car park you're in.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Pay close attention to where your car is parked. Take a photo or two of the area. It's been a while since I last came in by car, but I think there are signs telling you which bit of which car park you're in.

In 2015 they were handing out cards with it on, not seen them doing it since though...

S4tDVdZZ6vaWchKql1Rx1PnWug7coayd10RbQo8vEH5XeKSFZSAGtkUtneGTJOEGGl0XFrS5_jurPaXVWss7YKks6nLGbs6lfs2ZzOui987PTyHAYbjbKtRvQnnYjtuv5k-gIAzjJH2znS2H1n9q2T5eRCyWMEBWJ1o9kIXS8cnniP90HTeW6Tddtt3x451CHOyt9GhjcHQFOEZcEb4bCQrHab4JqRG5_It1VT0JHW4T95h9NX3Eb4JJEdI_JWdf6jlmZiyBQE2eQl5JZdJryzXuFzVgmcCWO9qhETSp9viPnj7EXkDAs4zacN23i5x2L_NAawSOP-rJLIXnRy1YbhvsH4mtlxeOv-Qc8RNtu3GCnl5afvlXvCRwaWB1nRr62WXbcWYDPQT6XZkYRJDyO7nY7H55H0OO8rnqWmjKD_kBEheCvfBF7gfWJEk28OLY6GdLfKEVR8g-S-4eUhmfKZSWZNOtSRfFhOafSyadtM9SA398CxJnDMw25SFqDTNEpJr0TJpocnLAU8kyg-zk_rXEXPlSQdsC8IK0iZcFfkk9i6PEYfOvtvRfPy7SO4rLSXGKdT8-zNFYwneHaj9VhgJN2a8ZJKNKIrLmPn57bVWFxDXwHrO9PfAmLrATcrP4SKdVYYWG9TE9XXZhnzfPduXVJi0oB-wf=w696-h937-no

Sorry to bring the thread back round to announcements but....

While it was lovely to have an unexpected Croissant Neuf poster last night, I can't help but feel a bit jipped that it is now Wednesday and it's all we've had this week (Sunday and the Avalon cafe count as last week, obviously). I fear we're running out of time...and the full lineup therefore won't come until first week of June.

You would think the info about the app would alleviate these fears, but I'm in full-on Glastonbury delirium mode!

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

While it was lovely to have an unexpected Croissant Neuf poster last night, I can't help but feel a bit jipped that it is now Wednesday and it's all we've had this week (Sunday and the Avalon cafe count as last week, obviously). I fear we're running out of time...and the full lineup therefore won't come until first week of June.

You would think the info about the app would alleviate these fears, but I'm in full-on Glastonbury delirium mode!

Yeah I'm with you. Was quite excited by the Shangri-La, Glade and West Holts announcements but I'm just getting bored of waiting now. The festival is a month and a half away! I know they rarely do so this early but, given the relatively sparse first poster, I really really want the full days/times/stages split now. Enough already.

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Sounds like it was supposed to be block9 yesterday -- a biggie, really -- which got pushed back. 

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Sounds like it was supposed to be block9 yesterday -- a biggie, really -- which got pushed back. 

Yeh I know, but that is just adding to the feeling of jipp. I was sooo looking forward to that one!

If the Wormhole is Friday, there must be something more this week, no? Of course if they drop a spectacular Park lineup on Friday I will feel very silly for complaining

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, I’m a bit pissed about the Block 9 delay. They kinda made a big song and dance about May 14th in that Resident Advisor article. So to just not announce, or even make some sort of announcement to apologise for the lack of announcement, is a bit poor on their part imo.

Well I mean, the quote from the RA article says 

The full Glastonbury lineup, which also includes The NYC Downlow and Genosys areas, will be announced on May 14th. 

Don't really think that's a big song and dance. But anyway. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Yeah, I’m a bit pissed about the Block 9 delay. They kinda made a big song and dance about May 14th in that Resident Advisor article. So to just not announce, or even make some sort of announcement to apologise for the lack of announcement, is a bit poor on their part imo.

Ah come on. Probably the best announcement yet to come and deffo my favourite area of the festival. They deserve to be cut some slack, it’s hardly poor on their behalf because RA said they were gonna announce on x date. Have faith and wait. We’re all gutted. 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Well I mean, the quote from the RA article says 

Don't really think that's a big song and dance. But anyway. 

Ok, so perhaps a little exaggeration on my part lol

4 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

They deserve to be cut some slack, it’s hardly poor on their behalf because RA said they were gonna announce on x date. Have faith and wait. We’re all gutted. 

They obviously told RA to put May 14th as the announcement date in the article though.

Maybe I am being a little harsh. Just frustrated as was REALLY looking forward to their announcement.

Just now, JoeyT said:

I don't know why but I've got a funny feeling the Wormhole announcement is going to be part of a general Park area announcement.

A multiple poster release like we had with Shangri-La.

I hope you're right about this - I've become convinced that it's going to happen!

Just now, JoeyT said:

I don't know why but I've got a funny feeling the Wormhole announcement is going to be part of a general Park area announcement.

A multiple poster release like we had with Shangri-La.

Can see this happening.

The entire park area drops on Friday then block 9 middle of next week then last of all Arcadia announces on Friday 31st before full lineup poster and times on Monday 3rd. *This is based on nothing but my gut feeling.

I'm an impatient sod normally but I actually am enjoying the drip feed keeps the excitement building.

4 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Anyone have any idea what sort of music will be played at the Wormhole? Only just found out about it existing 

An Instagram post was hash tagged #discoclub

or something similar . So old school disco ?

6 minutes ago, dccool said:

Can see this happening.

The entire park area drops on Friday then block 9 middle of next week then last of all Arcadia announces on Friday 31st before full lineup poster and times on Monday 3rd. *This is based on nothing but my gut feeling.

I'm an impatient sod normally but I actually am enjoying the drip feed keeps the excitement building.

That would be great! If it could just be Block 9 and Arcadia next week....I think they should keep the very-nearly-pattern-like tendency to release on the 30/31st May of the last couple of years

Although, I'm sure someone said that in an interview Emily said the "start of june", so maybe you are right!

5 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Anyone have any idea what sort of music will be played at the Wormhole? Only just found out about it existing 

I think there was a retweet of an instagram post which suggested maybe disco?

24 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

An Instagram post was hash tagged #discoclub

or something similar . So old school disco ?

If they want to bring people away from the SEC this probably isn't a bad idea, coupled with Stonebridge which often has fairly big names..

5 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Just wishful thinking but hopefully it's:

Arcadia later today

The Park & Wormhole Friday

Block 9 Tuesday

Pilton Palais Wednesday

Glastonbury on Sea Friday

Full lineup 28th 10am

I like the look of that but still question if there will actually be any lineup as such at Glastonbury on Sea - if not that means the full line up might drop on the 24th so we all get the entire weekend to droll over it............ except those who are otherwise engaged at other festivals, like me.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

I like the look of that but still question if there will actually be any lineup as such at Glastonbury on Sea - if not that means the full line up might drop on the 24th so we all get the entire weekend to droll over it............ except those who are otherwise engaged at other festivals, like me.

I've forgotten Unfairground perhaps that instead of Glastonbury-on-sea

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hmm I was going to say that I don't think the full lineup has ever come before the bank holiday, but it did, in 2014! So is could be possible, esp due to the limited number of acts on first poster

However, looking at the thingy has made me realise how late the full lineup and times can come - the 19th June!?!?!? Ooooof

24th would be ideal for the full line-up, but I'd take 28th. I just don't want it to be June! Where was that quote from Emily? And did she say "by the start of June" or "at the start of June"? If it's "by" it could be any day now...

Disco in the Wormhole sounds beautiful! I'm hoping it will be something a bit different to most of the late-night options.