Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh no! How long does it take from Brum???

Have only ever been on the 0545h departure before, so a little bit gutted, but very much reminding myself that I have a golden ticket that so many wonderful people do not. So have a word with yourself, Benjamin...

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Have only ever been on the 0545h departure before, so a little bit gutted, but very much reminding myself that I have a golden ticket that so many wonderful people do not. So have a word with yourself, Benjamin...

Ben

That is a bugger.  Are there any in your group who are arriving earlier and willing to pitch up a tent for you?

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

That is a bugger.  Are there any in your group who are arriving earlier and willing to pitch up a tent for you?

There are, and they're lovely. But I want everything, don't I?!

One of my goals each year is a 2-3 hour walk around the site on my own, as soon as all the tents in our camp are up and secure, just so I can touch base with every bit of the festival. A bit like seeing a dear friend after time apart. I like to do that before the eFests meet, and arriving in the late afternoon might scupper that plan!

:)

Ben

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

There are, and they're lovely. But I want everything, don't I?!

One of my goals each year is a 2-3 hour walk around the site on my own, as soon as all the tents in our camp are up and secure, just so I can touch base with every bit of the festival. A bit like seeing a dear friend after time apart. I like to do that before the eFests meet, and arriving in the late afternoon might scupper that plan!

:)

Ben

Oh you little princess! :P

Well, lets hope that you have a smooth journey in!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Something today would be nice. Surely they have a banker ready to go in case of delays elsewhere.

Nah, I can tell you what the problem is.  Emily has got wind of the fact that we think we know when an announcement is going to drop, so she ordered Block 9 to stand down .

Quote - Emily "evil" Eavis

I'll show those fuckers.  No pattern?  I'll give them fucking #nopattern. mwahahahahah

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nah, I can tell you what the problem is.  Emily has got wind of the fact that we think we know when an announcement is going to drop, so she ordered Block 9 to stand down .

That would be brilliant if true! I absolutely get that Emily and Co feel that the festival is about more than the particular acts playing and that it is great to give some of the smaller stages a bit of attention....

However you do reach the point where you have to think that telling people what they have spent in excess of £200 for isn’t entirely unreasonable? I’m really interested in what is likely to be on in some of the venues still to be announced, but it would be great to see them within the overall context this month. 

Edited by sadimmock

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep, I've turned up on Thursday and Friday evening.  The festival was still bloody brilliant.

Quite looking forward to doing it differently. Going to arrive on Thursday so full of energy instead of being shattered from a Tuesday all nighter. I imagine drinking on the coach down must be a laugh too.

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Quite looking forward to doing it differently. Going to arrive on Thursday so full of energy instead of being shattered from a Tuesday all nighter. I imagine drinking on the coach down must be a laugh too.

Although to be fair, it's drinking on the coach is a laugh on the Wednesday.  I've heard rumour of drinking being banned on coaches.  Well, that's not a rumour - it is officially.  But in practice, there's normally several tins consumed on the way.  I guess I've been lucky with the drivers.

I never drink on the coach, but that's in part because we tend to leave quite early and I've never really been a morning drinker in any situation (the odd early flight aside). But it's mainly because a big part of my ritual has always been to enjoy my first drink (usually a gin in tin or similar) once the tent is up.

Just now, Jah_Roots said:

i don't drink on the coach to Glasto for a couple of reasons - having to use a coach toilet would send my OCD into meltdown, and also like someone else said its kind of a tradition to crack open the first can after the tent is up.

but also because drinking alcohol is banned on national express coaches.

now, the fact that drinking is banned would not normally stop me (spending all day in the pit line outside Kings Hall in belfast for Bruce for example).

however - i have personal experience of someone being thrown off a national express coach and dumped at the nearest service station because they were "covertly" drinking an alcopop!

not sure how ruthless they are / would be on the way to glasto, but i wouldnt fancy having to walk from amesbury services! 

We were all boozing away in 2016.  We were on there for about 14 hours, so I think the driver took pity on us.