Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

12 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I can’t tell you enough how listening to that record changed my life. If it weren’t for Rory, I’d have left school and got a job in an office, collar and tie, 9-5. As it is, I’ve spent the last 25 years living all over the world, having adventures, getting drunk, being daft and avoiding all responsibility. The man’s got a lot to answer for. 

Beautiful.

14 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Rory McLeod. He’s there most years, but for me, it’s a pilgrimage. Got to pay my respects.

He’s basically the reason I live like i do now. When i was 16 or so, i heard one of his songs on a compilation (love like a rock). I bought the album it came from, Heartbeats and Footsteps, and being of a somewhat impressionable age, wallop, that was me gone. It’s an album about traveling, about being a busker, about drinking tea in North Africa, vodka in Eastern Europe, about singing around campfires and falling in love with exotic foreign girls.

I can’t tell you enough how listening to that record changed my life. If it weren’t for Rory, I’d have left school and got a job in an office, collar and tie, 9-5. As it is, I’ve spent the last 25 years living all over the world, having adventures, getting drunk, being daft and avoiding all responsibility. The man’s got a lot to answer for. 

I'm the quintessential 9-5 office bod and I'm jealous reading that!

On 5/11/2019 at 2:55 PM, compactdisc said:

Liz Kershaw has just announced that Bananarama will be on the Pyramid Stage on 6 Music... I assume she’s incorrect as they’ve been announced for Avalon?

Brexit Liz isn't really known for having her finger on the pulse of anything so I'd doubt she's in the know! 

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Every single Brexit supporter I have met does not have their finger on the pulse of anything much!

Indeed. Brexit Liz does seem to spout a lot of nonsense though and has a national platform to do it. Sometimes I hear her interview people and I am cringing at the lack of research etc that she seems to have done. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Indeed. Brexit Liz does seem to spout a lot of nonsense though and has a national platform to do it. Sometimes I hear her interview people and I am cringing at the lack of research etc that she seems to have done. 

And yet RadMac are shoved down in the Partridge shift!

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

And they don't tweet xenophobic sh1t-stirring.

Yes Brexit Liz is exactly the sort of person I dislike strongly the sort of person who was left wing in their youth when it suited them but gets all right wing to protect what's theirs. Utterly selfish. I actually read her book and each chapter that went on the more I thought you and I would not get along. 

She said something the other week about how when she was young it was considered a successful party if the police were called and I just thought to myself and I bet you're the kind of person who calls the police now. 

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Block 9 Tomorrow

Wormhole Friday

Are we expecting anything else this week? Im expecting Arcadia to be one of the last announcements, along with the new concept. Probably late next week.

Something Wednesday if the last couple of weeks are anything to go by