Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wow, sorry, I meant: do we already expect a clash with anyone in particular based on the knowledge gleaned about stage times already?

I was only joking, should have included a smiley face emoji for clarity! 

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Liz Kershaw thinks that Phillips closing a factory and thousands of job losses is great and a vote of confidence in the UK. So I wouldn't trust a word she says.

Oh that is a shame. I quite like listening to her on the radio! Should pay more attention!

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Billy and two guests take turns singing songs basically. But a really good atmosphere usually and much more fun than it sounds.  It was there that I first came across Louise from She Drew the Gun and it made me get up early on the Sunday to trudge up to see them open the Park. 

Was that the one with Ralph McTell too? We all ended up singing along to Streets of London. One of my highlights of Glasto '17.

29 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Was that the one with Ralph McTell too? We all ended up singing along to Streets of London. One of my highlights of Glasto '17.

Yeah that was a real highlight that year. Also the Sunday Billy had lost his voice so got the crowd to sing for him, he led us through Where Have All The Flowers Gone,  it was one of those emotional Glastonbury moments I couldn’t hold back the tears.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

Yep that was the one.  For some reason Streets of London had me in tears!  It was fantastic.  But I would never have thought to make a point of seeing Ralph McTell.  

7 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

7FF0C8BA-22E8-48F4-BE9A-25C9EF331426.jpeg

Any recommendations anyone? I had a great time I saw the one act I have seen at the Avalon Cafe and would like to go back there at some point. Have rarely heard of anyone on their line-up though...

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

Any recommendations anyone? I had a great time I saw the one act I have seen at the Avalon Cafe and would like to go back there at some point. Have rarely heard of anyone on their line-up though...

Barstewards, Hobo midnight show, Devils Prefects (Junkyard dogs do country, knocking one out for Jesus always a highlight), Funke, Sladest (Slade tribute act consisting members of Vodka Jellies Karaoke, normally features Michael Eavis guest appearance at the start), Cut Capers, Drystones, Keston Cobblers, Rory McLeod.

I should probably say 3 Daft Monkeys but I've seen them so many times, they've started to annoy me.

Avoid Lloyd Grossman. 

9 minutes ago, DJL said:

Any of it, all of it............................

Samantics - well worth a watch and listen. Flipping superb

32 minutes ago, DJL said:

Cut Capers, good time guaranteed!

Rory McLeod. He’s there most years, but for me, it’s a pilgrimage. Got to pay my respects.

He’s basically the reason I live like i do now. When i was 16 or so, i heard one of his songs on a compilation (love like a rock). I bought the album it came from, Heartbeats and Footsteps, and being of a somewhat impressionable age, wallop, that was me gone. It’s an album about traveling, about being a busker, about drinking tea in North Africa, vodka in Eastern Europe, about singing around campfires and falling in love with exotic foreign girls.

I can’t tell you enough how listening to that record changed my life. If it weren’t for Rory, I’d have left school and got a job in an office, collar and tie, 9-5. As it is, I’ve spent the last 25 years living all over the world, having adventures, getting drunk, being daft and avoiding all responsibility. The man’s got a lot to answer for. 

• Upvote 18