Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

24 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Stella Donnelly and Fontaines DC - 2 great additions, surely doing sets elsewhere as well.

gotta hope so, they both feel too big for that tent, will be my 3rd time seeing her in a year and wanna make sure I don't get stuck outside 

4 hours ago, PorkSoda said:

Love confidence man but unfortunately they confirmed on Instagram that they won't be at the festival this year... 

Gutted, they would have have put on a great party. They are playing Bristol the thursday of the fest so had them down as certs

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Chuffed to see Fontaines DC on the line-up as was hoping/expecting them. They sounded great from what I heard at 6music festival. Do we expect a clash with anyone though?

Playing three sets across the weekend apparently so hopefully be clash free at least one of those times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Chuffed to see Fontaines DC on the line-up as was hoping/expecting them. They sounded great from what I heard at 6music festival. Do we expect a clash with anyone though?

I'd be shocked if they're not elsewhere on the bill, maybe early / mid afternoon on the John Peel?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Playing three sets across the weekend apparently so hopefully be clash free at least one of those times.

Excellent news! I was worried about Leftfield being too busy to get into for their set so if I have another 2 chances that's hopeful

On 5/10/2019 at 1:44 PM, OddRon said:

sorry what is the radical roundups each day? love Stella Donnelly so interested in that 

The Radical round ups are usually top notch. I always try and get to at least one over the weekend.

4 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

But what happens in them? 

Billy and two guests take turns singing songs basically. But a really good atmosphere usually and much more fun than it sounds.  It was there that I first came across Louise from She Drew the Gun and it made me get up early on the Sunday to trudge up to see them open the Park. 

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Billy and two guests take turns singing songs basically. But a really good atmosphere usually and much more fun than it sounds.  It was there that I first came across Louise from She Drew the Gun and it made me get up early on the Sunday to trudge up to see them open the Park. 

Oooh I'll check that out, Thank you :) 

11 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

But what happens in them? 

As above, 2 or 3 guests and in between the songs there is a bit of a topical monologue or discussion. Usually a really good atmosphere and well worth checking out.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

Liz Kershaw has just announced that Bananarama will be on the Pyramid Stage on 6 Music... I assume she’s incorrect as they’ve been announced for Avalon?

It's not unprecedented that acts play both. Pretty sure The Waterboys did it a few years ago and I think there's been others. But yeah, most likely she's heard "Glastonbury" and assumed it means Pyramid.

9 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

Liz Kershaw has just announced that Bananarama will be on the Pyramid Stage on 6 Music... I assume she’s incorrect as they’ve been announced for Avalon?

Liz Kershaw thinks that Phillips closing a factory and thousands of job losses is great and a vote of confidence in the UK. So I wouldn't trust a word she says.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Nope fully expecting all other stages and areas to shut down whilst they play. 

They will be 100% clash free. 

Wow, sorry, I meant: do we already expect a clash with anyone in particular based on the knowledge gleaned about stage times already? I probably should have phrased it more what kind of time is that slot normally. Someone else answered anyway, though.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl