Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Having seen yesterday that Algiers are playing on Leftfield, I'd be more than happy with that poster as an announcement :) If we're getting Block 9 next week, I can't see it being Arcadia (surely that will come at the end) - but I suppose given the number of weeks left, the unfair ground almost makes more sense coming today than in either of the other weeks, if they're planning on spreading out the dance-music announcements a bit

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

That's my thinking. Unfairground today. Next week block 9 and leftfield 

Certainly looks that way.

Block 9 - Tuesday

Leftfield - Wednesday (maybe)

Wormhole - Friday

Anyone else think the Wormhole lineup could be part of the entire park area having an announcement?

Edited by JoeyT

15 hours ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis..

(* never heard Superorganism)

I loved the first MGMT album & that's what Superorganism remind me off(maybe with an added dash of the flaming Lips). Went through a phase of listening to them a lot last year & thought they were really good live when I saw them. Were supported by a crazy Japanese girl group dressed in pyjamas. Both them & their support felt like they would have fitted right in at West Holt's.

Haven't listened to them in a while mind you & had kind of forgotten about them

45 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Anyone else think the Wormhole lineup could be part of the entire park area having an announcement?

Oh I hadn't thought of that, but that would be really nice! I definitely think it deserves its own announcement. Although then maybe glastonbury-on-sea would be part of the same announcement?

41 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we got the big reveal towards the end of w/c 20th May. It gives time for a cinema poster at the start of the week. 

That seems a bit early, as we still have possibly all of these to come:

• Unfairground 
  • Block 9 
  • Pilton Palais 
  • Wormhole (The Park?)
  • Arcadia 
  • The Beat Hotel
  • Glastonbury-on-Sea 
  • Cineramageddon 

Even if a couple come after the full lineup, it seems tricky to fit them all in. I still think it will be in the w/c 27th May, after the bank holiday, as it has been for the last few years. Although Emily's comments about "early June" make me nervous that it might be the week after ? Although tbf, I can't even remember where I heard/read that

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh I hadn't thought of that, but that would be really nice! I definitely think it deserves its own announcement. Although then maybe glastonbury-on-sea would be part of the same announcement?

That seems a bit early, as we still have possibly all of these to come:

• Unfairground 
  • Block 9 
  • Pilton Palais 
  • Wormhole (The Park?)
  • Arcadia 
  • The Beat Hotel
  • Glastonbury-on-Sea 
  • Cineramageddon 

Even if a couple come after the full lineup, it seems tricky to fit them all in. I still think it will be in the w/c 27th May, after the bank holiday, as it has been for the last few years. Although Emily's comments about "early June" make me nervous that it might be the week after ? Although tbf, I can't even remember where I heard/read that

I reckon if the Wormhole announces as part of The Park then Glasto-on-Sea will be wrapped up in that as part of the exciting new things at the Park that justifies it getting an announcement of its own.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I reckon if the Wormhole announces as part of The Park then Glasto-on-Sea will be wrapped up in that as part of the exciting new things at the Park that justifies it getting an announcement of its own.

And what an amazingly exciting announcement that would be! I hope they do it

Just now, Razza_bezza said:

Sam Fender on left field seems bizarre! Thought he was nailed on for jp 

never watched anyone there so it will be a first and I’m looking forward to it

I imagine he is doing 2 sets considering he was on the first poster too (which only had acts from the 5 main stages)

36 minutes ago, mcshed said:

This is a good shout. Which is bad news as it will mean I owe @stuartbert two hats a pint.

Silver Hayes
The Avalon
The Common
Kidzfield
Theatre & Circus
Shangri-La
The Glade
West Holts
Acoustic
Leftfield 

Block 9 (coming 14th)
Wormhole (coming 17th)
Unfairground 
Pilton Palais
Arcadia 
Glastonbury-on-Sea 
Cineramageddon 

Hope Confidence Man are throwing us a curve ball. Surely they must be there - I thought they were a slam dunk!

Not much there on Leftfield for me. Good to get another announcement out there, though, and we look set for a full lineup drop before the end of the month. Excited for Block 9 and Wormhole next week!