Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Pleased with the frequency of announcements now though!

Yes the fullness of them too - you can pretty much piece together the line-up of each of the stages that have announced recently, which is a help in starting to get that personal clash-finder together (but thank you Acoustic for not contributing too many further problems to the plan....)

19 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Can't wait for the full timings and acts so that I can start planning properly!  I'm champing at the bit to get on clashfinder to mark all the acts that I won't actually manage to see at the festival.

So much this! Still in the deluded fantasy land if thinking I'll see all the people I want to and need to crush those dreams with a highlighter.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So much this! Still in the deluded fantasy land if thinking I'll see all the people I want to and need to crush those dreams with a highlighter.

There isn't even that much for me that is "must see" but I still feel I must plan to the nth degree.  I looked back at previous years and have been amazed how few people I have seen from my list but then have sometimes in stumbled on someone who was on my list but didn't realise (Jonathan Kay, Lekiddo Lord of the Lobsters).  I sometime wonder why I do it but I know that there will be one or two acts which are must see - and I do get to see them.  And often these are small acts that I wouldn't know about if it wasn't for @Brave Sir Robin's Spotify list.  Man and the Echo in Leftfield and Will and the People in the Bimble Inn spring to mind.  So planning is absolutely imperative.  

5 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Can't wait for the full timings and acts so that I can start planning properly!  I'm champing at the bit to get on clashfinder to mark all the acts that I won't actually manage to see at the festival.

I’m always making lists for every festival I go to, but its pointless as we always go in big groups and I have to compromise. In the end don’t even see half of what I’ve planned.

It’ll be my first Glastonbury and only with one of my mates that’s only really going for the Glastonbury experience more than music, so I’ve got chance to see more.

Is it wise to leave empty hour between acts in case I get sidetracked and/or traffic and queues? I don’t wanna be running like a lunatic just to be in time for something.

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

I’m always making lists for every festival I go to, but its pointless as we always go in big groups and I have to compromise. In the end don’t even see half of what I’ve planned.

It’ll be my first Glastonbury and only with one of my mates that’s only really going for the Glastonbury experience more than music, so I’ve got chance to see more.

Is it wise to leave empty hour between acts in case I get sidetracked and/or traffic and queues? I don’t wanna be running like a lunatic just to be in time for something.

Its wise to not plan too much. Just have the odd must see.

If you are in the shangri la & want to get to the John Peel, it could take well over an hour just to get there if its muddy.

Here is a guide

Bo0ttLgCMAA4qf9.jpg

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Just be wise with how you plan it out, if there’s an act that follows on from an act you want to see, think about the set list if they’ve covered most of what you want to see them do leave early to get to the next act, or vice versa, weather depending the times between stages can vary, one thing I will say if you’re planning on getting up to se corner late at night, headliners sometimes need to be cut short to get up there! It’s a madness trying to get in when the headliners finish... enjoy the whole experience try not to make it too much about the acts cause you may never get another chance to go glasto whereas the acts will almost certainly do the circuit outside of the festival ??

Have fun it’s the best place on the planet ? 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its wise to not plan too much. Just have the odd must see.

If you are in the shangri la & want to get to the John Peel, it could take well over an hour just to get there if its muddy.

Here is a guide

Bo0ttLgCMAA4qf9.jpg

IS this the one based on where JP was or now is?

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well, Confidence Man were fucking ace tonight. Very much hoping they're going to be announced for The Park in the middle of the day. @Curlygirl thinks they'd be better in JPT, but she's wrong.

Fab!

I am seeing them the week before the festival as a nice little warm up :) 

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

So we roll on to Friday then, who's next?

The Acoustic stage announcement throws out other stages we hadn't considered would have their own...

There have never been 3 stages announcements 3 days running.

All previous 'rules' have gone out the window,

We might get something today!

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well, Confidence Man were fucking ace tonight. Very much hoping they're going to be announced for The Park in the middle of the day. @Curlygirl thinks they'd be better in JPT, but she's wrong.

Accidently caught Confidence Man in the Crows Nest in 2017 having had no idea who they were! They were so good we got up early to go and see them again in Williams Green the next day, which was equally as good.

Looks like they have dates in UK/Ireland the week before Glasto so hopefully they stick around.

Just now, hez said:

Accidently caught Confidence Man in the Crows Nest in 2017 having had no idea who they were! They were so good we got up early to go and see them again in Williams Green the next day, which was equally as good.

Looks like they have dates in UK/Ireland the week before Glasto so hopefully they stick around.

Yeah, the circumstantial evidence is strong, let's hope.

Confidence Man became my #1 priority of the festival last night (if they're there). Don't get me wrong they were amazing and a tonne of fun last night but I was fasting last night, had to work before and after the gig and it was a Wednesday night.

Half cut at a festival they'll be unstoppable.