Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Timing of that Gojira set is everything, but if you're willing to make small sacrifices (for me, essentially, that means not seeing the final chord of the final song fade to silence at the end of some sets), and you're a bit of a transfer ninja, you can do it all!!!

:)

Ben

Transfer ninja, dance monkey ?

West Holts really is the best position to do the dash too

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've already made peace with the fact that if I want to be at that monumental Gojira show I must forego J-Hop. Sacrilege to some, even myself maybe, but Gojira in an unfamiliar, relatively intimate outdoor setting is gonna be off the Richter. 

Sorry Jon, our paths will cross once more in the future.

I'm not missing Gojira for the world, seen em 4 times and have never been disappointed. Does anyone know how long their set will be ?

Edited by Xeph1995

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Unless the Park, JP or Acoustic pull something out of the bag Friday night is looking pretty sparse for me.

I was thinking the same a couple of weeks ago but now Friday is looking rammed for me with the following in play.

Tame Impala, Frank Turner, Luke’s Nelson & PTR, Jorja Smith, comet is Coming, Morcheeba, Billy Bragg, SAM Fender, Kate Tempest

Saturday is my concern!

3 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

I'm not missing Gojira for the world, seen em 4 times and have never been disappointed. Does anyone know how long their set will be ?

Me neither! Can't imagine it'll be any more than 75-90 minutes though, seeing as they have their own gigs on the Saturday and Sunday. Get on, smash out the hits. Gonna be huge. And loud.

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

You think?

For that to be true, either:

(a) Gojira would need to be playing very soon after JH finishing, with an adequately (for the Truth stage) enormous already in place, having foregone main stage headliners or

(b) you take an age to get mobilised to Shangri-La after Jopkins finishes!

After James Blake headlined WH I left during the final number and was in the SEC before most of the festival had got its boots on!

Timing of that Gojira set is everything, but if you're willing to make small sacrifices (for me, essentially, that means not seeing the final chord of the final song fade to silence at the end of some sets), and you're a bit of a transfer ninja, you can do it all!!!

:)

Ben

You are, as always the purveyor of truth, Ben. My thinking is that they might be on at around 10pm though as they have their own gigs on the Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I'd imagine they don't wanna hang about for too long. I doubt it makes much difference but they have a hefty schedule before and after Glastonbury. 

Either way, 10pm or midnight I wanna get a good spot for them and for me that involves being over in the SE corner from early evening. To be honest, it was always my plan to sack off Friday's main stage headliners to get over to the Naughty Corner anyway, then Gojira came along and sealed the deal. 

A part of me is also gambling on a Hopkins DJ set somewhere across the weekend. Dare I suggest the revamped Arcadia or Block 9...?

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Do we know a Friday Park or JP headliner yet? Currently weighing up a reliably banging set from Jopkins vs a dice roll on Stormzy.

Would imagine Snow Patrol/Interpol have one or two of the JP headline slots. Placebo a strong rumour as well could play there. EDIT: The Streets must be a JP headline act.

Park I Imagine will be The Good, The Bad & The Queen and possibly Cat Power/Christine & The Queens.

Edited by deadpheasant
streets

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

ALBERT HAMMOND ON THE SUNDAY. THE STROKES MUST BE PLAYING, PLEASE!

ignore me.. it’s not junior wawawa

What a rollercoaster of emotions in the space of 30 seconds.

From the initial announcement where I was underwhelmed, this lineup is incredible now