Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Only a small one! Not sure whether it counts or not though to be fair, didn't even get a festival account retweet.

https://twitter.com/BabylonUprising/status/1125740601176150018

A friend's boyfriend DJd there one year - I'd definitely not count it as a proper stage but it always seems to suck in passers-by

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know there is no pattern, but am I right in thinking the day after a bank holiday is usually a bit of a no-go for announcements?

I thought someone had said that Leftfield almost always got announced after the bank holiday....but maybe that was just wishful thinking

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know there is no pattern, but am I right in thinking the day after a bank holiday is usually a bit of a no-go for announcements?

There's been one on the day after the early May bank holiday (2007 - The Park - got its own announcements as it was new) but there have been 2 on the actual bank holiday.

10 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I am thinking Arcadia and Block 9 announcements will be massive with bot having new areas as such ,

Arcadia this week Block 9 the next m, 

Arcadia is normally one of the last before the full lineup. It has twice been after it.

Block 9 is going to be next Tuesday according to this:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43706

Edited by Gnomicide

Silver Hayes
The Avalon
The Common
Kidzfield
Theatre & Circus
Shangri-La
The Glade

The Leftfield
Block 9
Arcadia
Unfairground
Acoustic
West Holts
Glastonbury-on-Sea
Cineramageddon
Pilton Palais

Hmmmm....if there are 9 left, and we're expecting the full lineup the week of the next bank holiday (w/c 27th May), we need three a week including this week. If we don't get one today, that means announcements on three consecutive days. I'm starting to wonder if the full lineup will come the following week. That would fit with what Emily said about early June...

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Arcadia is normally one of the last before the full lineup. It has twice been after it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought there was no Arcadia this year?

Or maybe just no spider!

Edited by Thunderstruck

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

If we believe that the full lineup is coming then too

That's the way it sounds to me too.....

The full Glastonbury lineup, which also includes The NYC Downlow and Genosys areas, will be announced on May 14th. 

Edited by dccool

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Isn’t Babylon Uprising on a corner as you’re heading from the Bread & Roses bar down towards Williams Green?

Aye, that's what I thought. It's usually hard to spot because there's 1000s of people all milling about, and it's quite a small little tent.

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

If we believe that the full lineup is coming then too

I reckon it's just typed up by someone who doesn't follow the announcements as close as a bunch of obsessives on a Glastonbury forum (hot in here, no?). Probably got told the whole Block 9 lineup is coming on the 14th, put 2 and 2 together and got 22. But how knows?

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

surely thats just a typo, and they mean "the full Block 9 lineup" rather than "glastonbury"?

This is another one like the Noel G thing where the context of what's written before changes it. Prior to it in the article it talks about their set-ups elsewhere. I think this means *their* Glastonbury lineup, not the full festival one.

Edited by The Martini Police
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I dunno, surely they will try and speed up the Arcadia announcement this year so it isnt spoilt as it is being built?