Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Can we excpect some more pyramid/john peel/other stage acts? I really want Foals to be added and they have a Glastonbury shaped hole in their agenda. 

I find this years line-up quiet poor, although I'm visiting to Glastonbury for other reasons; it would still be nice to have some more acts that I really like.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The Acoustic needs a bit of TLC and a revamp. Been a complete wasteland for a few years now. 

Agreed. If it had half as much character as Avalon or the Park it would be a dramatic improvement 

7 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

Can we excpect some more pyramid/john peel/other stage acts? I really want Foals to be added and they have a Glastonbury shaped hole in their agenda. 

I find this years line-up quiet poor, although I'm visiting to Glastonbury for other reasons; it would still be nice to have some more acts that I really like.

About 45 still to come for the main stages. The first line up is eclectic for a reason. 

Edited by briddj

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

About 45 still to come for the main stages. The first line up is eclectic for a reason. 

Sorry I'm a rookie (only been once) and not a native speaker but what do you mean with 'electric for a reason'?

Main stages are considered to be Pyramid, Other, Park, John Peel and West Holts?

Edited by Verminkt

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I don't even know where this is? Will recommend it to my friends (and maybe check it out on one of the nights)

Small World Solar Stage is normally up in the Green Futures field just about opposite the Mandala stage fairly near the Permaculture

On this year's map so far the Green Futures area looks like the other years so here's hoping it's there again and easy to find!

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Getting past the swathes of grumpy older people in chairs in the biggest challenge facing the Acoustic.

I'll have you know I don't take my chair there than you very much!

22 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

These were the acts added last time.  There were less acts announced on the poster this time so I’d expect a few more than that. 

0EF2A55F-723A-4E05-B219-DE17890FEA8A.png

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The Acoustic needs a bit of TLC and a revamp. Been a complete wasteland for a few years now. 

Be nice if they dolled it up for Hawkwind 

16 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

Sorry I'm a rookie (only been once) and not a native speaker but what do you mean with 'electric for a reason'?

Main stages are considered to be Pyramid, Other, Park, John Peel and West Holts?

Hi! The original post used the word "eclectic" which means varied/mixed :) Basically, the initial poster has a few acts from many stages to give a flavour of what the festival has to offer. Basically, plenty more names from those stages are still to come! 

14 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

Eclectic means "a wide variety", so in this case a lots of different music genres.

There will be a lot more added for the main stages (as you've mentioned).

I'd recommend listening to some of the Spotify area playlists on here. Part of the excitement for me personally is discovering new bands/music on the lineup. If you like indie rock like Foals there's a lot of stuff on Avalon that could be right up your street.

Agreed the Acoustic isn’t too exciting, it has the advantage of being in quite a separate, distinctive area so there’s not a mass of people just passing through, it could have a much improved atmosphere if the cinema was relocated and there were some food places and stalls etc. 

Its not just about old acts though, as they start each day quite early I often go check out a new upcoming act first thing and made some good discoveries over the years. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Acoustic area does feel like an entirely different festival. With the care and attention throughout the rest of the site, it feels like an afterthought. Although it will always have a special place in my heart after that wonderful Art Garfunkel set. 

I feel exactly the same way. Ray Davies in 2009 remains the greatest thing I've seen at the festival.

Didn't appreciate how much good stuff was added to the main stages late on in 2017. Really interested to see the quality of acts that get added this year, given the smaller than usual poster. Rumours of Placebo sure raise excitement levels, but we'll see. 

30 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Its not just about old acts though, as they start each day quite early I often go check out a new upcoming act first thing and made some good discoveries over the years. 

Ssshhh! ?

Acoustic tent is my go-to for a lie down & R&R to listen to some gentle tunes early on in the day, especially good after a heavy night. Lots of space to stretch out & it’s dry to boot 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What's the bar near the Acoustic Stage called?* That's a really nice place to relax, some good seating areas in there.

* This is the point where someone confirms it's called the Acoustic Stage Bar...

I only know it as the Real Ale Tent (rightly or wrongly) but this link seems to suggest it's The Cockmill Bar (Stop 3):

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-bar-crawl-take-52149

cockmillPNG.png

Edited by zeppelin
Punctuation

19 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I only know it as the Real Ale Tent (rightly or wrongly) but this link seems to suggest it's The Cockmill Bar (Stop 3):

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-bar-crawl-take-52149

cockmillPNG.png

That's the badger

Edit: Sorry, been living in Somerset for 5 months and I'm picking up the phrases. 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers