Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I agree. I'm super excited by the recent announcements, but the non-dance monkeys in my crew have been a bit "meh" about them, given that they don't know any of the names on the lineup

An acoustic stage announcement would be great. A West Holts would be even better :)

Not just me then.

26 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Not just me then.

Always wondered where the non-dance late night options were, anyone got any ideas? My mates who I am going with are all indie fans, but I’m looking forward to Gojira and Idles too on the Shangri La stage. 

Edited by TKOCF

31 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Always wondered where the non-dance late night options were, anyone got any ideas? My mates who I am going with are all indie fans, but I’m looking forward to Gojira and Idles too on the Shangri La stage. 

The park - Stonebridge bar and crows nest?

Edited by Homer

53 minutes ago, billum said:

Small World stage has come fantastic music on late, and one of the best vibes of the whole fest with those sunken braziers for huddling round if it gets chilly

My favourite late night spot, had the best times there. 

Charm x

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A while ago Emily, I think, mentioned in an interview the full line up would be out 'around the beginning of June;.

So I reckon sometime between 30th May and 3rd June.

Seems to be the regular time these days.  I’d be surprised if it’s not week commencing 27th May

9 hours ago, billum said:

Small World stage has some fantastic music on late, and one of the best vibes of the whole fest with those sunken braziers for huddling round if it gets chilly

I don't even know where this is? Will recommend it to my friends (and maybe check it out on one of the nights)

43 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

So what's the general concensus about the next announcement? Today? Which area? 

I've got a gym class at 9.30. I hope by the time I check efestivals again (roughly around 11.30am) we'll have it.....whatever it is :)

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So what have we got left to announce separately?

Leftfield,

Block 9/NYC Downlow/Bez’s house/That whole area,

Whatever Arcadia have planned,

Anything else? Without checking the Thingy I can’t remember if WH gets its own announcement.

New areas tend to get their own announcement so I think we'll see something on The Wormhole and Glastonbury-on-sea. From the usuals we still need Leftfield, Block 9, Arcadia, Unfairground, West Holts, Cineramageddon and Pilton Palais.

Acoustic doesn't usually get its own but as they had no acts included on the 1st Poster (which they normally do) so I think they'll get one this year.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Acoustic doesn't usually get its own but as they had no acts included on the 1st Poster (which they normally do) so I think they'll get one this year.

Do you think the reduction in names was mostly due to the lack of acoustic acts? 

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Do you think the reduction in names was mostly due to the lack of acoustic acts

I think it was them wanting to focus on the main 5 stages. Normally you get bits from all over the site from Djs to the acoustic stage etc. This year it was just the 5 stages. 

Acoustic area does feel like an entirely different festival. With the care and attention throughout the rest of the site, it feels like an afterthought. Although it will always have a special place in my heart after that wonderful Art Garfunkel set. 

I totally agree about the uphill statement at the accoustic stage. Could the tent swap with the palais? Being under 6ft tall means the view is usually awful as anyone Infront of me has the hill to raise them up aswell.