Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

25 minutes ago, dccool said:

Will using 5g drain more battery than using 4g or wont it make a difference?

It shouldn't affect battery life. Also, most people's phones won't be 5G ready, but those that are will take some of the strain off the 4G network. (Anyone who's more technically minded might correct me...)

28 minutes ago, dccool said:

Will using 5g drain more battery than using 4g or wont it make a difference?

Well you'll need a 5G compatible phone. 4G phones don't support 5G. I wouldn't advise buying the early 5G phones either, like any new technology, they'll be shit and overpriced at first. 

But when its rolled out properly it will save battery life. And yeah @priest17, I reckon its both a gimmick and useful for backstage stuff. 

Just now, The Martini Police said:

Ah, didn't realise that. I thought it'd work on the latest iphones at least. Not so handy then.

Nah I only got my S10 when it came out a couple of weeks ago and they're still having to re release it in a couple of months to work with 5G. 

Clever advert for 5g though, it'll get a decent chunk of press from this and more people will learn they need to upgrade their phones to get it. I'm still relatively impressed with 4G to be honest... Hope Glastonbury are getting some decent dollar from it anyway.

Hot Chip sat night? From main site page: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/

Bearded Kitten are back and they’ve bought with them the likes of Eats Everything, Hot Chip and Seth Troxler for a truly slaying Saturday night Temple takeover.

Also, Mike Skinner, Lowkey and Barney Artist are on Rum Shack.

Edited by broken monkey

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

It says Mike Sinner is a DJ set. It doesn't say the same for Hot Chip...

Saw that but still not convinced they can take down their Park set and transport it all the way over in time - but I am happy to be proved wrong as long as it is a time I can be awake at.