Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

28 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I’m going to throw it out there as the next announcement being more names for the main 5 stages, like a bigger first poster. Just have a feeling after what Emily was saying. I am however very drunk 

You must be ;)

I'd put serious money on a stage announcement this morning. Catching up with Emily on Jo Whiley, it sounds like all the stage announcements are taking place over the next two or three weeks, and given there's quite a few of them, they've not got long to get through them all. Also, with the resale happening tomorrow, there's an opportunity to drop a few more names and get people excited to get a ticket.

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

A fair shout. And the day after that doesn't look too out of the realms either...

Hahaha!

Surely today though, surely???

I know the Common looks likely but Emily did reference Block 9, didn't she? I haven't listened to it, but did she mention it in response to a direct question about that area, or was it just a "this one is almost ready"?

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I know the Common looks likely but Emily did reference Block 9, didn't she? I haven't listened to it, but did she mention it in response to a direct question about that area, or was it just a "this one is almost ready"?

Totally separate part of the interview to announcements. She was asked what’s new so she mention the pier and expanded Block 9. 

Just now, kalifire said:

Totally separate part of the interview to announcements. She was asked what’s new so she mention the pier and expanded Block 9. 

Oh I see :(  I thought someone posted that she'd said the Block 9 announcement would be with us in a few days. Clearly I'm just making up posts that I want to read! 

I’m not sure that holding back the announcements for the smaller stages to this time of the year really works. I understand that the big ones may need to be held for contractual reasons, but some of the more niche ones would get far more attention if announced in late Feb/March. There is always a danger now that anticipation and frustration just make the announcements seem a bit underwhelming, which is unfair on the stage organisers and the artists.