Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm surprised Years & Years have been given a Pyramid slot tbf - thought they'd dropped off massively since their initial hype had died down. 6th down seems fine.

You may well be right if you have a better judgement on their current appeal than I do 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm surprised Years & Years have been given a Pyramid slot tbf - thought they'd dropped off massively since their initial hype had died down. 6th down seems fine.

A pyramid slot doesn't mean they've they've not, 6th down wouldn't say they've gone up in popularity.

Right so, The Common today.

What will that leave us with over the next few weeks? I'm going for this order... 

Silver Hayes
The Avalon

The Common
Kidzfield
Shangri-La
The Glade
Block 9
The Leftfield
Unfairground
The Pier
Pilton Palais
West Holts
Arcadia

1 hour ago, Joe Shez said:

I find it difficult to judge as they’re not my thing. But they’ve had number 1 album and loads of Spotify listens.

I guess the question is if they’re not, who is? There’s 9 slots of that size (if you include 2nd/3rd pyramid and other headliners) - are there more than 9 bigger acts on the original poster?

I’m hoping we get some (several) acts bigger than Years and Years who were not on the original poster. It was a smaller and earlier poster announcement than several previous years... for a start someone who has replaced the Prodigy? Could be wishful thinking though

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why not just the most logical Kylie 4th, Miley 5th, Years & Years 6th?

It all depends on the timings, which at this point is largely speculation.

If, say, The Cure have been given a slightly longer set of say 2 hours, and Kylie bumped up to 90 minutes (both of which have been previously rumoured but no more than that) with all other times unchanged from the last few years, then that would have Kylie starting at 15:15 which would be far earlier than any previous festival.

Take out the 3rd from top act and that would move Kylie up to a 16:45-18:15 slot which would fit in the traditional legends slot timeframe and makes things look a lot more sensible overall.

If The Cure are only playing ~90 minutes then yeah, Kylie probably is 4th from top.

37 minutes ago, incident said:

It all depends on the timings, which at this point is largely speculation.

If, say, The Cure have been given a slightly longer set of say 2 hours, and Kylie bumped up to 90 minutes (both of which have been previously rumoured but no more than that) with all other times unchanged from the last few years, then that would have Kylie starting at 15:15 which would be far earlier than any previous festival.

Take out the 3rd from top act and that would move Kylie up to a 16:45-18:15 slot which would fit in the traditional legends slot timeframe and makes things look a lot more sensible overall.

If The Cure are only playing ~90 minutes then yeah, Kylie probably is 4th from top.

I think they’d just have her start at 3:15 in that scenario. But I don’t think she’ll do longer than 75 mins and it’ll all fit fairly comfortably with two acts in between Kylie and The Cure.

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Right so, The Common today.

What will that leave us with over the next few weeks? I'm going for this order... 

Silver Hayes
The Avalon

The Common
Kidzfield
Shangri-La
The Glade
Block 9
The Leftfield
Unfairground
The Pier
Pilton Palais
West Holts