Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep... last time:

Screenshot_20190422-203431_Chrome.jpg.6fefb5a132bc3b853cfcbcbc422b692c.jpg

Could it be that Bob & the boys will have a longer headline slot, pushing everything earlier

The Cure. 2100-2315

Sub 1900-2015

Kylie 1700-1815

Mylie 1530-1630

Y&Y 1400-1500

3 others

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Wouldn't there be two acts between Kylie and the Cure? The Legends slot is 4ish isnt it and Barry Gibb was in that slot not Chic so there were two between BG and Sheeran. 

Based on the timings for the last few years, you'd get 2 acts between the legends slot and the headliner - But it's certainly not impossible there's only 1 - it's been suggested that both Kylie and The Cure will get longer sets than the 2017 acts did, and if that happens they either need to push the legends slot to starting at about 3pm, reduce the stage changeover times, or cut an act between them, and cutting an act would seem the most logical.

The other aspect of that is that it wouldn't be unprecedented for the "legends slot" to move up to around 5pm or so - that was pretty much the standard time until a while back when a combination of an earlier stage curfew and longer gaps between acts pushed it a bit earlier.

I feel like Emily regularly refers to it as the tea time slot so 5pm would work. I liked having Barry and Chic together last time and it almost didn’t matter who the legend was. In a different way Miley and Kylie go together well too, don’t really mind the order.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why not just the most logical Kylie 4th, Miley 5th, Years & Years 6th?

Been reading back the last few pages trying to figure out why this wasn’t immediately everybody’s assumption. Makes sense to me. Vampire Weekend after Kylie. Cure sub still up in the air.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Been reading back the last few pages trying to figure out why this wasn’t immediately everybody’s assumption. Makes sense to me. Vampire Weekend after Kylie. Cure sub still up in the air.

Think the only thing was people felt that Miley at 5th and Years and Years at 6th seemed very low

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think the only thing was people felt that Miley at 5th and Years and Years at 6th seemed very low

We had nothing better to do but speculate.

9 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

Isn’t years and years being at 2nd/3rd now more likely? 

Are they that big? (Genuine question) Post legend is a big slot?

I’d love Miley to be early and get another couple of acts in (though I may be elsewhere by then)

23 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

Isn’t years and years being at 2nd/3rd now more likely? 

11 minutes ago, DJL said:

I’d love Miley to be early and get another couple of acts in (though I may be elsewhere by then)

I'm surprised Years & Years have been given a Pyramid slot tbf - thought they'd dropped off massively since their initial hype had died down. 6th down seems fine.

5 minutes ago, DJL said:

I find it difficult to judge as they’re not my thing. But they’ve had number 1 album and loads of Spotify listens.

I guess the question is if they’re not, who is? There’s 9 slots of that size (if you include 2nd/3rd pyramid and other headliners) - are there more than 9 bigger acts on the original poster?