Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Just now, jyoung said:

Don't think they're assed. Could've said the same about Lorde / The xx in '17. I agree 100% though.

I sort of remember Lorde getting dark come the end of the set, the xx set is one of my all time favourites I think they got the time slot perfect for them, to be fair they know what they’re doing they’ve been doing it long enough so what do I know (it would be epic in the dark though)

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

So if it's going Mylie > Kylie > Sub > Cure, then who on the poster is big enough to sub and not already on Fri/Sat. Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens?? Lauryn Hill will surely be  on West Holts.

Foals announced late to bbc radio big weekend maybe they’ve done the same with glasto hence not being on the initial poster, they could sub imo

Edited by Razza_bezza

14 minutes ago, Razza_bezza said:

I sort of remember Lorde getting dark come the end of the set, the xx set is one of my all time favourites I think they got the time slot perfect for them, to be fair they know what they’re doing they’ve been doing it long enough so what do I know (it would be epic in the dark though)

Very true. In the build up I was gutted it wasn't an Other Stage headline set especially as Foals had the same slot the year prior and I thought they didn't pull it off. The xx ended up puting on a brilliant performance though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

So if it's going Mylie > Kylie > Sub > Cure, then who on the poster is big enough to sub and not already on Fri/Sat. Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens?? Lauryn Hill will surely be  on West Holts.

I assume we have:

The Cure // ??? // Vampire Weekend // Kylie // Miley // Years & Years // ??? // ??? // ???

Y&Y could be a slot lower potentially too

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Very true. In the build up I was gutted it wasn't an Other Stage headline set especially as Foals had the same slot the year prior and I thought they didn't pull it off. The xx ended up puting on a brilliant performance though. 

I wasn’t a fan before that set, but they blew me away, as soon as I got the opportunity I bought tickets to see them again, love them now ?

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I assume we have:

The Cure // ??? // Vampire Weekend // Kylie // Miley // Years & Years // ??? // ??? // ???

Y&Y could be a slot lower potentially too

Yeah I agree with this, seems very strong though. I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago but The Strokes are now in Poland on the Thursday after Glastonbury, I wonder if the Strokes info could have been right all along and they're the missing sub? I don't really believe it but worth considering. 

19 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Which would give:

A N Other > A N Other > A N Other > Years & Years > Mylie > Kylie > Sub > Cure. With no obvious sub on the poster.

Wouldn't there be two acts between Kylie and the Cure? The Legends slot is 4ish isnt it and Barry Gibb was in that slot not Chic so there were two between BG and Sheeran. 

14 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

You're right. Does that push Years & Years higher up?

So we’re saying Miley is 5th? Surely not? And that puts Years and Years 6th.  

Unless theyre 3rd? (Which doesn’t seem likely)

Edited by sisco