Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

41 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

The initial lineup came out the same day as the Christchurch attacks, which I know is quite strange.

It’s not really strange. I don’t think they try to avoid coinciding with major national or world news, or at least certainly not as much as people like to suggest.

Glastonbury announcing stuff matters a lot to us, but very little to the wider world - especially going forward into, like, Block 9 announcements.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not really strange. I don’t think they try to avoid coinciding with major national or world news, or at least certainly not as much as people like to suggest.

Glastonbury announcing stuff matters a lot to us, but very little to the wider world - especially going forward into, like, Block 9 announcements.

I just meant it from a poor taste perspective really. Just seems a bit weird to be like "hey guys check this out" against a backdrop of tragedy. But obviously it has not been a factor.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I just meant it from a poor taste perspective really. Just seems a bit weird to be like "hey guys check this out" against a backdrop of tragedy. But obviously it has not been a factor.

I just find that a Glastonbury announcement is such a niche, unrelated thing that it doesn’t really register as insensitive or distracting.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I just find that a Glastonbury announcement is such a niche, unrelated thing that it doesn’t really register as insensitive or distracting.

Not to the general public no, they wouldn't notice it. I can't really explain what I mean adequately but sometimes I think you might just delay your bit of exciting news while something shit is happening. Doesn't seem to have been the case anyway.

8 minutes ago, uscore said:

It's dangerous precedent then isn't it?  They'd open themselves up for someone saying "Well they delayed the announcement for <tragedy a> but didn't seem to care about <tragedy b>. Shame on them".

Yeah fair enough. There's always something going on awful in the world. I doubt they would have delayed the big announcement on that Friday for anything as all the bands would have been told that they could tweet about it etc already so someone would have leaked.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Dying for the stage splits and times big boy now. I know it's a way off but I want to start planning my days, even if those plans will all be sacked off. 

We're at that stage now where I find something new that I really like, hammer them on Spotify and then find out they clash with a must see when the times come out.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree. Then hopefully The Glade on Thursday.

Dying for the stage splits and times big boy now. I know it's a way off but I want to start planning my days, even if those plans will all be sacked off. 

I like this, it’s exactly what I do, have a massive plan because I’m really excited then get there and find I’m drinking in a bar an hour away from my plan and totally forget I’ve had that plan until sometime on the Monday when I get back to normality 

20 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just been told Emily is on Jo Whiley's show this evening. Can't find anything to collaborate it but if she is, we could get something today.

Reckon that would point in the direction of a "big"/single name not on the poster as opposed to a stage announcement?

14 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Reckon that would point in the direction of a "big"/single name not on the poster as opposed to a stage announcement?

Yes, can’t see a national radio station being the place to reveal a list of acts for the common but one biggish band could be announced, perhaps the other opener. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

If it ain’t four hours of Emily reading out acts and their stage times, like the comprehensive football results after Gillette Soccer Saturday, then I’ll be upset.

Kylie 1 Robyn 0

Paul McCartney 0 The Killers 3

Hot Chip 4 Jon Hopkins 4 (aet) - Jon Hopkins win 5-4 on pens

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1