Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

9 minutes ago, rubick said:

There have been wonderful advances in the realm of pre-fab pier construction in the past decade, as far as I know.

Do we think there is a pier hidden is some industrial estate somewhere in the country about to be dismantled?

As they like having The Libertines playing or Carl and Pete separately, what if they asked them to fill in for prodigy and they accepted so they decided to not continue with a hiatus? It says exclusive but when Glastonburys involved it sometimes doesnt matter.

Or the cracks good in Coventry... I wouldn't rule it out tho.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

As they like having The Libertines playing or Carl and Pete separately, what if they asked them to fill in for prodigy and they accepted so they decided to not continue with a hiatus? It says exclusive but when Glastonburys involved it sometimes doesnt matter.

Or the cracks good in Coventry... I wouldn't rule it out tho.

The Libertines in full have played Glasto once, which they were booked as a replacement. 

21 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

So unlikely, they’re not glasto regulars or nailed on, they’re the go to substitute?

Definitely not the latter. I personally massively doubt it, they’re probably at their lowest peak since the reunion, have only been booked once since the reunion,  I think only once before then and it’s questionable they’d be big enough anyway.

3 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Definitely not the latter. I personally massively doubt it, they’re probably at their lowest peak since the reunion, have only been booked once since the reunion,  I think only once before then and it’s questionable they’d be big enough anyway.

Not sure the tongue in cheek nature of that comment came across there! Unfortunately (for me at least) I have to agree. As a 13 year old in The Libs heyday Pete was a bit of an idol for me and I loved babyshambles other stage slot in 2007. Wasn’t around for the 2015 appearance and would be a real highlight if they showed up, especially as my must sees so far don’t include any bands

8 hours ago, billum said:

Tantalising - wonder what they mean by "a" Glastonbury line up - maybe just themselves, or Block 9, or something even bigger??

No idea. They’re part of the Common area I think? So maybe there. Not an area I’m really into, I only follow cause they post Glasto pics that help build my excitement ? 

I would have thought with us getting less names in the initial poster, that we’d get some more names from the 5 main stages before the full line up end of May. Not sure how that wold fit in with all the smaller area’s announcing