Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

easter weekend will be a pretty dreadful choice for people seeing it.

Then again, they did last Sunday so who knows.

We are also talking about one of the only festivals in the world that doesn't need to announce a line up to sell out......they march to the beat of their own drum!

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Wouldn't we run out of announcements of that was the case?

On another note, am I right in thinking that we won't find out anymore acts from the five main stages until the times are released at the end of May? That seems a long time given that there were so few names on the first poster!

I think theres enough announcents left to see us through to the back end of May.

Leftfield

T&C

Kidzfield

Cineramaggedon 

Acoustic stage

The Glade

Truth stage

Shangrila

Arcadia

Block 9

Possibly blast one out for this theatre stage

Cant remember, do the main stages get one? West holts, the Park, JP. I know Pyramid/Other haven't, cant remember the others. Second poster as well though.

That's upwards of about 15 more announcements in 6 weeks, 2/3 a week till then seems a good number, happy times.

The Capaldi thing was never going to be Glastonbury. If he is playing it will be on one of the main stages and I don't think we'll see anything from them until after all (or at least most) of the smaller areas are announced.

Saturday announcements are even rarer than Sundays, there have only ever been 4 before:

17 February 2007: The Killers
6 June 2009: The Bandstand
4 June 2012: Arcadia
7 May 2016: Theatre & Circus

4 minutes ago, chatty said:

...Cant remember, do the main stages get one? West holts, the Park, JP. I know Pyramid/Other haven't, cant remember the others. Second poster as well though.

That's upwards of about 15 more announcements in 6 weeks, 2/3 a week till then seems a good number, happy times.

West Holts does, The Park has once (when first launched).

I reckon we'll get them for these:

Silver Hayes
Avalon

Block 9
Kidzfield
Shangri-La
The Glade
Leftfield
Unfairground
Pilton Palais
The Common
West Holts
Arcadia
Cineramageddon
Glastonbury-on-Sea

Then they'll release the full lineup.

2 down, 12 to go. 

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Silver Hayes
Avalon

Block 9
Kidzfield
Shangri-La
The Glade
Leftfield
Unfairground
Pilton Palais
The Common
West Holts
Arcadia
Cineramageddon
Glastonbury-on-Sea

2 down, 12 to go. 

So 2 a week for the next 6 (basis of nothing today) means the full lineup with times sometime during the last week of May.

Seems logical enough.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

So 2 a week for the next 6 (basis of nothing today) means the full lineup with times sometime during the last week of May.

Seems logical enough.

To be fair, we do need adequate time in between announcements to check out the things that have already been announced. I'm still only on the D's of the Silver Hayes announcement!

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Silver Hayes
Avalon

Block 9
Kidzfield
Shangri-La
The Glade
Leftfield
Unfairground
Pilton Palais
The Common
West Holts
Arcadia
Cineramageddon
Glastonbury-on-Sea

2 down, 12 to go. 

Are we expecting the pier/Glastonbury-on-sea to contain a stage? 

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep. There's a bandstand on it so presumably there'll be bands.

20190418_104034.jpg.cb1b043e01124418fb50e579b0f3915e.jpg

Or if it’s anything like the bandstand in the town I grew up, there’ll be kids smoking, riding their bikes and swearing at people that walk past.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Or if it’s anything like the bandstand in the town I grew up, there’ll be kids smoking, riding their bikes and swearing at people that walk past.

The sketch shows the pier 40' (~12M) wide at the entrance, so I would guess the bandstand area to be about 20M diameter. It's not much space considering the crowds we see around the 2 existing bandstands.

Also looking at the map the pier is totally surrounded be public camping, not sure if this would work.

Alan

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

The Capaldi thing was never going to be Glastonbury. If he is playing it will be on one of the main stages and I don't think we'll see anything from them until after all (or at least most) of the smaller areas are announced.

Saturday announcements are even rarer than Sundays, there have only ever been 4 before:

17 February 2007: The Killers
6 June 2009: The Bandstand
4 June 2012: Arcadia
7 May 2016: Theatre & Circus

Given Emily thought she'd beaten the Thingy with a first Sunday announcement, perhaps she'll drop a Saturday one to up the stats?

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep. There's a bandstand on it so presumably there'll be bands.

20190418_104034.jpg.cb1b043e01124418fb50e579b0f3915e.jpg

Is it going to devour a large chunk of pennards campaign? I presume for health and safety they won't allow you to camp under it, or along the edges in case people throw stuff off

17 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Given Emily thought she'd beaten the Thingy with a first Sunday announcement, perhaps she'll drop a Saturday one to up the stats?

I'll ask her. Now that we're bezzies, I'm sure she'll let me know. 

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Or a Bank Holiday one

Oh God. How much work would go into checking the dates of all bank holidays since 2000 and seeing if any had an announcement on them?

How about a Good Friday announcement?  Elvana have teased some announcement for tomorrow and I am hoping they will be there as I have yet to experience the Elvis fronted Nirvana and it looks amazing.

Probs be tour dates for them but heres hoping we get more soon - getting greedy after the lull for the last couple of days!

3 minutes ago, Northtim said:

How about a Good Friday announcement?  Elvana have teased some announcement for tomorrow and I am hoping they will be there as I have yet to experience the Elvis fronted Nirvana and it looks amazing.

Probs be tour dates for them but heres hoping we get more soon - getting greedy after the lull for the last couple of days!

Oh my god, never heard of them and they sound incredible

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Oh God. How much work would go into checking the dates of all bank holidays since 2000 and seeing if any had an announcement on them?

Not as much as I thought.

There have been 5 announcements on Bank Holidays but none at Easter:

25-May-09 - Spring Bank Holiday - Full Line Up
30-May-11 - Spring Bank Holiday - Bourbon Street
25-May-15 - Spring Bank Holiday - Leftfield
02-May-16 - Early May bank holiday - Leftfield
01-May-17 - Early May bank holiday - Shangri-La

• Upvote 2