Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

They are billed very low down on the poster and so I wonder if that's pissed someone off from their team.  

They didn't seem that low for a band that haven't done anything for years.....same line as Wu-tang who are heading West Holts. Very weird, but ok

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

They didn't seem that low for a band that haven't done anything for years.....same line as Wu-tang who are heading West Holts. Very weird, but ok

They can't complain when Interpol are more or less at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

They can't complain when Interpol are more or less at the bottom.

Haha, true!!! What's going on with that? Really thought they'd be high up on the JP, but Jon Hopkins is looking likely for that too and he's way higher

But you know, no pattern, blah blah....

Interpol might be better than Snow Patrol but they're not bigger.   Snow Patrol's album last year cleared 100k (which is not that easy nowadays) and they did an arena tour earlier this year.   They may not be very credible but they're certainly bigger than their position on the poster would suggest.

I don’t see that Snow Patrol would have had that much to complain about being 5th line down on the poster. Looked about right to me.

Edit: just comparing the two posters - Hozier have moved up a row so maybe their management complained and when they went to amend it they missed off Snow Patrol!?

Edited by Phoenix Girl

32 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

They do seem pretty low down for a a band that's headlining the Saturday night at Latitude two weeks later though - especially when the act that Latitude had in the exact same spot a year ago is listed first.

My guess is that if there's been an issue raised, it's come from that direction.

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oooh I wonder where they'll put him! Closing JP? I'm still so annoyed with myself about 2017, I totally  just FORGOT he was on. Unbelievable. 

Please be a live set. Please be a live set. Please be a live set. 

p.s. I love Motion :) Haven't been there in years!!!

It’ll be a live set, Sas...

:)

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It’ll be a live set, Sas...

:)

Ben

I hope so.. I did actually see him do a DJ set at Field Day in 2017. It was awful. But I think the main problem was sound and the lack of visuals which made it impossible to tell when he actually came on.... I don't count it as having "seen" Jon Hopkins!

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Did they?!?! Haha ooops! 

Is it....good?? I did actually used to quite like them (which I find reasonably embarrassing to admit. One of those guilty pleasures!)

D'yer know what? It's not bad.  Not setting the world alight, but it's not a bad listen.

46 minutes ago, incident said:

They do seem pretty low down for a a band that's headlining the Saturday night at Latitude two weeks later though - especially when the act that Latitude had in the exact same spot a year ago is listed first.

My guess is that if there's been an issue raised, it's come from that direction.

Yeah I did think that was a bit odd!!

Why do so many people think it looks  bad? Seems like a well balanced lineup; something on every row that I'd be interested in, rather than just being topheavy.

But even then, if you look at the first four rows, most of the acts are at festival headliner/arena level. IOW, EOTR, TRNSMT, APE, Latitude headliners etc 

22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Why do so many people think it looks  bad? Seems like a well balanced lineup; something on every row that I'd be interested in, rather than just being topheavy.

But even then, if you look at the first four rows, most of the acts are at festival headliner/arena level. IOW, EOTR, TRNSMT, APE, Latitude headliners etc 

Yeah the IOW headliner situation is horrific...