Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

I was initially very underwhelmed by the poster - then I read it name by name and realised there is LOADS on there!

Also it seems to be a smaller poster than previous years which means loads more to come! Do we have a comparison of how many names have been on the first poster each year? 

I’ve just gone back through the last few years, and this is definitely the smallest drop in recent times:

2014 - 84

2015 - 78

2016 - 74

2017 - 86

2019 - 65

• Upvote 3

I really like the line-up.  There are no bands on there which are one of my favorite bands such as The National but the line-up is pretty damn good.  It just needs a bit of heavier Indie/Rock bands on the next release to balance things out and I will be over the moon.

At first glance:

Miley Cyrus, Lauryn Hill, Michael Kiwanuka, Snow Patrol, Christine & the Queens, Chemical Brothers, Mavis Staples & Janet Jackson all massively appeal to me.

Then there is The Killers, The Cure, Sheryl Crow, Bastille, Vampire Weekend, Liam Gallagher, George Ezra, Neneh Cherry, Johnny Marr & Years & Years which I also really like.

Then there are bands on my 'listen to next' list such as Kurt Vile & Sharon Van Etten.

From all of the above (20 acts) I have only seen 5 of them live so that's 15 new live performances for me as an absolute minimum.

When the next line-up is dropped I am hoping for some bands such as DMA's, Gang Of Youths, The Racantouers, The Strokes, Foals, Black keys, Richard Ashcroft, Future Islands, Kodaline, Jack Savoretti, Paolo Nutini, Vance Joy, The Doves, Amy Macdonald, Mark Knopfler, The National, Billy Ocean, Elbow, Father John Misty, First Aid Kit, Van Morrison, Ocean Colour Scene, AC/DC.

Add any 5 from the above list to the current line-up and it will be an awesome line-up for me.

Add to that the voyage of discovery of new acts I am about to go on and I suspect you can add another group of must sees.  I literally cannot wait for Glastonbury!!!

1 minute ago, lazzareo said:

I really like the line-up.  There are no bands on there which are one of my favorite bands such as The National but the line-up is pretty damn good.  It just needs a bit of heavier Indie/Rock bands on the next release to balance things out and I will be over the moon.

At first glance:

Miley Cyrus, Lauryn Hill, Michael Kiwanuka, Snow Patrol, Christine & the Queens, Chemical Brothers, Mavis Staples & Janet Jackson all massively appeal to me.

Then there is The Killers, The Cure, Sheryl Crow, Bastille, Vampire Weekend, Liam Gallagher, George Ezra, Neneh Cherry, Johnny Marr & Years & Years which I also really like.

Then there are bands on my 'listen to next' list such as Kurt Vile & Sharon Van Etten.

From all of the above (20 acts) I have only seen 5 of them live so that's 15 new live performances for me as an absolute minimum.

When the next line-up is dropped I am hoping for some bands such as DMA's, Gang Of Youths, The Racantouers, The Strokes, Foals, Black keys, Richard Ashcroft, Future Islands, Kodaline, Jack Savoretti, Paolo Nutini, Vance Joy, The Doves, Amy Macdonald, Mark Knopfler, The National, Billy Ocean, Elbow, Father John Misty, First Aid Kit, Van Morrison, Ocean Colour Scene, AC/DC.

Add any 5 from the above list to the current line-up and it will be an awesome line-up for me.

Add to that the voyage of discovery of new acts I am about to go on and I suspect you can add another group of must sees.  I literally cannot wait for Glastonbury!!!

Lol at the chance of ACDC ??????????????????

My first thought is returning the tickets. Imo it's the weakest line up in 10 years. It would be my first Glastonbury but I need to reconsider if it is really worth spending that much money with this little to look forward to. Thinking of changing the tickets for another festival as Werchter, primavera sound or so... 

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Were Prodigy set to be the Friday Other stage headliner?

Saturday I think.... I remember there being info/rumour that Tame Impala are heading the other on the friday up against Stormzy. Cant remember where that info came from or how accurate it is though. 

I really like the lineup. Headliners not the best for me but that really doesn't bother me. George Ezra and Miley Cyrus will be amazing! Obviously Liam Gallagher, Snow Patrol and Lauryn Hill too ?

2 people I was expecting on the lineup weren't. But to me, still looks hopeful for Gerry Cinnamon and Jess Glynne going by tour dates. Fingers crossed :)

gc.PNG

jg.PNG

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

My first thought is returning the tickets. Imo it's the weakest line up in 10 years. It would be my first Glastonbury but I need to reconsider if it is really worth spending that much money with this little to look forward to. Thinking of changing the tickets for another festival as Werchter, primavera sound or so... 

Without sounding like a dick... Give your ticket up for someone who appreciates Glasto.... its 10 times more than the lineup. 

But then again.... keep it and experience Glasto and realise your views on festivals are probably quite naive and blinkered. :D

7 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

Hate to break it to you, but think you would be very lucky if you get 1 or 2 from that list :P

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Without sounding like a dick... Give your ticket up for someone who appreciates Glasto.... its 10 times more than the lineup. 

But then again.... keep it and experience Glasto and realise your views on festivals are probably quite naive and blinkered. :D

That's the only thing keeping me in right now. I have read so much about it that really need to go and experience it. 

2 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

That's the only thing keeping me in right now. I have read so much about it that really need to go and experience it. 

Forget the lineup then.... honestly. The music is like a bonus. The festival has its own magic and half the time you miss the acts because you've ended up down some rabbit hole (metaphorical one, not the actual rabbit hole ha) 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Doves, Raconteurs, DMA's have a good chance...

Don't know anymore where I've read it or where it was discussed, but The Raconteurs reportedly would only do a short European leg of a few weeks (late May/early June), so thought they would be unlikely. Or two shorter legs, something with kids and not waiting to be on the road for too long?

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Forget the lineup then.... honestly. The music is like a bonus. The festival has its own magic and half the time you miss the acts because you've ended up down some rabbit hole (metaphorical one, not the actual rabbit hole ha) 

This is absolutely bang on. If anything the low key (for me anyway) nature of this announcement actually open the whole festival up, this is a good thing.

• Upvote 1

That's a strong top line isn't it!?

I mean, granted, it's no The Head, The Foos and The Sheeran. But it's still a strong top line.

Not disappointed.

Jungle. Hot Chip. Christine & The Queens. Johnny Marr. The Good The Bad & The Queen. Myley Cyrus.. + others made me grin.

:)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Xeph1995 said:

I'm absolutely gutted, I feel like all summer excitement has left me this is probably the worst line up I have ever seen in my time of going. Their literally isnt one band on the whole bill that I want to see this is actually the first time this has happened too.

Im also tempted to just not buy the rest of my ticket but then again theres more too the festival :( Considering there was a fallow year id have expected a little more than this.... 

You do realise that this is a small fraction of an entire line up?

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

It's weird, I am underwhelmed by the initial drop, but I am happy about it. Too often I find myself drawn to the main stages for the bigger names and miss out on the smaller stuff, this line up provides me with plenty of quite-like-to-sees, and very few must-sees, hopefully freeing up my festival schedule. If the ground is in reasonable shape this could be the ultimate bimbling festival.

Bring it on!

I  feel exactly the same. Last time I spent too much time at the Pyramid and Other stages, would like to discover smaller stages and hidden bars this time ?