Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Sas!

That SpiderSet™️ was truly magnificent, partly because of time and place, being with beloved friends and being perfectly, erm, refreshed!

However, Mr Hopkins was also UNBELIEVABLE live at Motion in Bristol a couple of weeks ago and so you should be majorly excited!! The Singularity live show with some precious bangers and a couple of amazing covers thrown in is phenomenal. Looking at the poster, the dream of him closing West Holts seems to be gone, so I just hope he’s somewhere/sometime excellent...!

:)

Ben x

Oooh I wonder where they'll put him! Closing JP? I'm still so annoyed with myself about 2017, I totally  just FORGOT he was on. Unbelievable. 

Please be a live set. Please be a live set. Please be a live set. 

p.s. I love Motion :) Haven't been there in years!!!

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Do you think he was for the Saturday? Makes me wonder if The Killers agreed to do the secret slot if they had an agreement to headline again or if Emily just thought that once Macca dropped The Killers would be ideal to replace based on the crowd they got in 17 

all scenarios are possible. I want to know which scenario it was. 

26 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I absolutely love the lineup so far.

For those of us who go to a lot of gigs and festivals, each year there are fewer and fewer "wow" acts because we've been fortunate enough to tick lots of them off but there's still plenty to soundtrack the greatest weekend of the year.

If there's things on here that you're not familiar with, now's a great opportunity to get familiar and find something new to love.

Hit the nail on the head there. I've realised I've pretty much hit saturation point over the years, but the positive is that it frees you up to explore new artists and wonder a bit more around the site. 

It's alright. 2 headliners I want to see but obviously nothing on a Stones/Macca level, probably 13 or 14 others I have an interest in going to see but no absolute must sees yet but who knows, when I start listening to those I've never heard before I may find my new favourite band. Still a long way to go with only 65 acts named so far. 

33 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I can't believe they didn't deem Jeff Goldblum big enough to be on the main poster either - he's Jeff GOLDBLUM for goodness sake! An absolute outrage so it is.... 

I don't think they announce who is in the underground piano bar...

29 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Chems have nearly always done Sunday right? or am I just making that up?

Bit of a bad clash if they are, rather have them go up against Killers.

Last two were Sunday; two before were Saturday. The Pyramid set I can't quite recall but pretty sure it was a Friday...

Just now, Havors said:

Yeah forgot about the Prodigy needing a replacement.....  Dont you think they more likely to just push someone up the order instead though?? 

I think they have enough time to seek a replacement. Courteeners were rumoured to play under The Prodigy and do not see them being boosted up.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I think they have enough time to seek a replacement. Courteeners were rumoured to play under The Prodigy and do not see them being boosted up.

yeah strange we dont even see them on the poster at all though.... 

59 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I absolutely love the lineup so far.

For those of us who go to a lot of gigs and festivals, each year there are fewer and fewer "wow" acts because we've been fortunate enough to tick lots of them off but there's still plenty to soundtrack the greatest weekend of the year.

If there's things on here that you're not familiar with, now's a great opportunity to get familiar and find something new to love.

Totally agree