Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Was just reading the comments under Laura Snapes' Guardian article about the poster drop.

Usual mix of people chuffed and those (who've probably never been and have no intention of going) moaning.

Fair play to Laura though, unusually for a journalist she's chipping in in the comments sections and defending the festival. 

Edited by Woffy

I’ll be honest, I’m a bit underwhelmed by that, but then, having stopped and thought about, there’s nobody touring or available that are really missing. It’s as good as we’re going to get it 2019.

• Like 1

I absolutely love the lineup so far.

For those of us who go to a lot of gigs and festivals, each year there are fewer and fewer "wow" acts because we've been fortunate enough to tick lots of them off but there's still plenty to soundtrack the greatest weekend of the year.

If there's things on here that you're not familiar with, now's a great opportunity to get familiar and find something new to love.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

For those of us who go to a lot of gigs and festivals, each year there are fewer and fewer "wow" acts because we've been fortunate enough to tick lots of them off but there's still plenty to soundtrack the greatest weekend of the year.

That's a pretty good summary

Edited by Quark

It's weird, I am underwhelmed by the initial drop, but I am happy about it. Too often I find myself drawn to the main stages for the bigger names and miss out on the smaller stuff, this line up provides me with plenty of quite-like-to-sees, and very few must-sees, hopefully freeing up my festival schedule. If the ground is in reasonable shape this could be the ultimate bimbling festival.

Bring it on!

• Upvote 1

I know its personal taste but bands who are touring, have new stuff out, or playing other festivals that are up my street but not on the poster but I had my fingers crossed for....

Foals, Cage the elephant, Catfish, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Raconteurs, White Lies, Bloc Party, Parquet Courts, Amazons, Courtnry Barnett, 

• Like 1

I was initially very underwhelmed by the poster - then I read it name by name and realised there is LOADS on there!

Also it seems to be a smaller poster than previous years which means loads more to come! Do we have a comparison of how many names have been on the first poster each year? 

Just now, Brunty9 said:

2019 - 65

2017 - 86

1 minute ago, JoBalls said:

I was initially very underwhelmed by the poster - then I read it name by name and realised there is LOADS on there!

Also it seems to be a smaller poster than previous years which means loads more to come! Do we have a comparison of how many names have been on the first poster each year?