Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

The poster is more "traditional" than usual and so Snow Patrol and The Streets so low down looks odd.

Do we think Snow Patrol will be Other opener then?  They're an odd fit for middle of one of the stages.

I wonder if The Streets might headline West Holts or John Peel after all?

Just now, eFestivals said:

am loving the Scum, which has it as news today that The Cure and The Killers "are in advanced talks to headline".

More advanced than the Scum was thinking, that's for sure. :P 

Almost as good as the Mirror's "full line up announced" :D

I'm happy enough with that poster. Slightly disappointed with The Cure headlining but that's just my taste and if the Chemical Brothers are on the Sunday night Other then I really won't care. 

There are plenty on there to keep lots of music fans happy. 

I had a sneaky feeling that Miley could have been booked when i seen her on The Big Weekend lineup, not a bad booking to be fair to them. This years Katy Perry.

2 minutes ago, Glastobuddy said:

Talk was headlining Saturday on the Other

Ah thanks for that. I'm hoping for one of the other nights as my group will all want to see The Killers who I like a lot but I've seen them before and would love to see the The Chems. Is it pretty set on the Saturday or a chance it could be Friday/Sunday?

18 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Just slightly disappointed, Don't know what I was hoping for but can't see any acts I'm truly ecstatic about seeing.

I know I'll have a sick time regardless just hope there are a few more curve balls when the final lineup gets released in May.

Not having a go at you at all but I think this sums up the problem Glastonbury bookers have. Disappointed but don't know what you wanted instead. You're expecting Glasto to book acts you can't think of yourself.

I know it’s not the full lineup but I’m having to miss this year and quite happy this is the year I picked based on that poster. No one on there that I’m absolutely gutted I’m not seeing as most I’ve either seen at Glasto or seen elsewhere.

Next years the big one, I know it’s the big one for us all but it’s mine and my better half’s 10th wedding anniversary and we honeymooned at Glastonbury, her first Glasto as well. We’d be unbelievablably heartbroken not to be able to celebrate there so any help come ticket day would be unbelievably appreciated 

At the end of the day it's all about tastes. There's not a lot on there that I'd get excited about really and the ones I would be keen to see I have seen numerous times already.

It has a very poppy and mainstream feel about it. Dare I say it but looks like V Festival. Not edgy at all.

5 minutes ago, Display-Name said:

Ah thanks for that. I'm hoping for one of the other nights as my group will all want to see The Killers who I like a lot but I've seen them before and would love to see the The Chems. Is it pretty set on the Saturday or a chance it could be Friday/Sunday?

Defo not the Friday i'm afraid as they're playing Eden Sessions