Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Didn't Emily mention something a while back that the announcement this year would be broken down to stages, rather than the big poster of names that we've had in recent years? Maybe they're dropping the Pyramid and the Other or something along those lines?

That would be a pretty cool way to do it, but I imagine they would want to build up to the Pyramid rather than drop it first

Just now, Woffy said:

I bet Russy is watching.

He does from time to time i'm sure. Just waiting for that moment where he drops that post calling everyone c*nts or just Dave Grohl,  drops the mic and leaves again for another 2 years. 

Just now, JoeyT said:

If the poster is to drop tomorrow I suppose there's a possibility of a few self confirmations today by mistake.

Am I right in thinking there was a graphic artists tweeted when confirming last time?

Yep most who tweeted etc to confirm they were playing had the Glasto 17 graphic accompanied with it. 

Just now, JoeyT said:

If the poster is to drop tomorrow I suppose there's a possibility of a few self confirmations today by mistake.

Am I right in thinking there was a graphic artists tweeted when confirming last time?

Yep. The Avalanches jumped the gun last time. I think they were in a different time zone and got confused.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Didn't Emily mention something a while back that the announcement this year would be broken down to stages, rather than the big poster of names that we've had in recent years? Maybe they're dropping the Pyramid and the Other or something along those lines?

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

That would be a pretty cool way to do it, but I imagine they would want to build up to the Pyramid rather than drop it first

I was just thinking this too actually. After consulting the thingy, I can't see them announcing two headliners together....but from Neil's post it seems like more than one headliner. I think it's still possibly too early for the whole poster, but announcing The Pyramid would make a lot of sense. Not sure about the need to build up to the Pyramid either..the first poster would normally include a lot of names from it anyway (more than, say, for Arcadia). I guess we have normally had at least two headliners by now though, so maybe they could just bring the first poster forward. Or they're doing something new to totally smash any conceivable pattern to smithereens!

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

via the oxfam shop in Glastonbury 

The Oxfam shop in Streatham where the Stormzy announcement happened is at the end of my road, should I stand outside the window all day?