Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

5 hours ago, uscore said:

It'd be ace if there were no poster at all, and the first you heard of the lineup was on the Thursday of Glastonbury when could collect your little guide.

This is quite literally a recurring nightmare I have. Once it turned out alright (for me) and Taylor Swift was one of the headliners, but another time the only band I'd heard of was Hadouken! One of the things I love about Glastonbury is that period between April-June where I discover loads of new bands, and end up front row singing along.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I thought it was weird that he announced he was getting a vasectomy and then was even more confused at crazyfool's response lol

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I felt like a right git for liking the post, as if I was saying this about Gnom being out of a job:

maxresdefault.jpg

Lads, lads, lads, lads, lads. 

You two may refer to your penis as a thingy but some of is are a little more grown up.

Anaconda, seen as you asked.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Thanks all but, no worries. It's been a long time coming. I've still not had my official letter and they have to give me 3 month's notice. I'm hoping it'll come on the 31st and I get at least 1 month's gardening leave.

Sorry to hear that. Make the Thingy a subscription service...your new career!

if they have given Rob da Bank (fucking silly name if you ask me, even worse if he chose it himself. if it was given to him he was being bullied and needs to report this to a teacher) some information, I doubt we will hear anything until after his podcast

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don't make out like this is any worse than anything that's gone before.

Significantly more subdued in here than previous years to my memory. Maybe it’s the lack of new/exciting rumours or just having come to terms with three underwhelming headliners, but this place is usually popping with newbies and nonsense by now - just a little of both this year.

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Significantly more subdued in here than previous years to my memory. Maybe it’s the lack of new/exciting rumours or just having come to terms with three underwhelming headliners, but this place is usually popping with newbies and nonsense by now - just a little of both this year.

This is as far away from betting slip gate as we've ever been in terms of buzz in here for poster drop.

Have faith, look back at 2013 when not a lot at all had been announced by now and then bang, 27th March it landed in all it's glory.

2013 was after the last fallow year so if they repeat it now then there is a pattern.

#thereisnopattern

Thanks for the info to The Thingy.

What we know by 12th March:

2000 - Nothing
2002 - Nothing
2003 - 1 headliner
2004 - Nothing
2005 - 5 acts including 2 headliners
2007 - 1 headliner
2008 - 3 headliners
2009 - 5 acts including 3 headliners
2010 - 4 acts including 3 headliners plus new map
2011 - 16 acts including 3 headliners plus new map
2013 - 10 acts - no headliners
2014 - 5 acts including 1 headliner
2015 - 2 acts including 1 headliner
2016 - 4 acts including 2 headliners
2017 - 3 acts including 2 headliners
2019 - 3 acts including 1 headliner

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

What we know by 12th March:

2000 - Nothing
2002 - Nothing
2003 - 1 headliner
2004 - Nothing
2005 - 5 acts including 2 headliners
2007 - 1 headliner
2008 - 3 headliners
2009 - 5 acts including 3 headliners
2010 - 4 acts including 3 headliners plus new map
2011 - 16 acts including 3 headliners plus new map
2013 - 10 acts - no headliners
2014 - 5 acts including 1 headliner
2015 - 2 acts including 1 headliner
2016 - 4 acts including 2 headliners
2017 - 3 acts including 2 headliners
2019 - 3 acts including 1 headliner

These are the kind of posts I live for. Sod the line up 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So once the poster is released, does discussion then turn to figuring out who's playing which stage?

Yep with tons of debates over positionings and how one act would never play above another etc and a lot of sleuthing for tour dates to try and narrow it down ourselves. Months of fun.