Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

11 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Keep your chin up matey, the same is currently happening to me, got served my three months notice a couple of weeks ago. Decided to move plans forward and move in with my partner, who lives 150 miles away just outside Manchester (I live in Essex). Currently looking for work.

My biggest worry... that I get the last week of June off ?

pre booked holiday is a wonderfull thing :) ... I thought jobs had to honour that ... well at least thats what I said when I returned after my redundancy 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

pre booked holiday is a wonderfull thing :) ... I thought jobs had to honour that ... well at least thats what I said when I returned after my redundancy 

I thought this too, but I don't think there's any kind of legal right. I think most companies will honour it though, it's just if you're required to go on a specific training course that clashes or something similar that would potentially cause an issue.

21 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Sorry to hear this, dude.

Edit (upon reading you seem to be ok with it): And sooooo close to retirement age too. ?

You know what's coming.

I mean, you'd be disappointed, right?

IMG_20181212_220331.jpg.ca33a7ca6497b798baf38ab777dcb9e0.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Here was me thinking that was a sexual innuendo about your thingy not getting much use in real life.

Me too,  I was also thinking he means his other thingy is redundant as well.  No need to clarify Mr Gnom.  ?

8 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I get the feeling that this year we will only find out the lineup when we get our lanyards

If that’s the case then it’s not ideal, I like to check out acts in the lead up to the festival to find some hidden gems! But if that is the route they are planning on going down then they really should put all the punters in the picture before expecting them to part with their cash! 

It wouldn’t deter me but I know there’s an awful lot of people that dont understand the festival fully and lineup is key to them going

11 minutes ago, Razza_bezza said:

If that’s the case then it’s not ideal, I like to check out acts in the lead up to the festival to find some hidden gems! But if that is the route they are planning on going down then they really should put all the punters in the picture before expecting them to part with their cash!  

It wouldn’t deter me but I know there’s an awful lot of people that dont understand the festival fully and lineup is key to them going

It won't happen. As someone said earlier what we're seeing now is the usual mid-March panic.

No lineup revealed at all this year. You just turn up to a stage and either hope you like who’s playing or sprint between all the other stages before you finally land on somebody you’re a fan of upon realising that it’s their last song and you’ve gotta do it all over again. Total chaos. Everybody knackered. Nobody satisfied. And then The Killers don’t play Mr Brightside.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It won't happen. As someone said earlier what we're seeing now is the usual mid-March panic.

In all the years I’ve been going I can’t remember have such little announcement at this time of the year! I hope it’s because they are really confident of the lineup and know it’s gonna be received really well as opposed to being bad and slightly embarrassed by it ??‍♂️

Edited by Razza_bezza

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No lineup revealed at all this year. You just turn up to a stage and either hope you like who’s playing or sprint between all the other stages before you finally land on somebody you’re a fan of upon realising that it’s their last song and you’ve gotta do it all over again. Total chaos. Everybody knackered. Nobody satisfied. And then The Killers don’t play Mr Brightside.

This is, literally**, the worst thing that could ever happen to me...

Ben

**not literally, clearly

Edited by bennyhana22

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Here was me thinking that was a sexual innuendo about your thingy not getting much use in real life.

I thought it was weird that he announced he was getting a vasectomy and then was even more confused at crazyfool's response lol

• Upvote 1