Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Can anyone remember who it was in 2017 who gave us the nod regarding the lineup poster dropping? I've tried to find the thread but it's seemingly disappeared. 

Last time, we knew it was imminent because The Avalanches shot their load early:

Then, a mere 100 pages of feverish excitement later, Neil tweeted his traditional "stand by yer beds" warning:

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Then, a mere 100 pages of feverish excitement later, Neil tweeted his traditional "stand by yer beds" warning.

Then another 11 pages until it actually was released :D

Edited by Gnomicide

On 3/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, dentalplan said:

There is a series of days over the next month where Brexit will dominate the news, and it can happen at any time. Not that we’ll actually leave the EU on time on March 29.

The Maybot is currently in negotiations with ME trying to persuade him to drop the big news at the same time as May's plans for Brexit go tits up so as to bury the bad news.

May's negotiating skills do not come even close to ME's legendary skills.

Another epic fail.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Then, a mere 100 pages of feverish excitement later, Neil tweeted his traditional "stand by yer beds" warning:

Can you imagine the scenes when that tweet comes this year?!

2 years of build up, it'll be reminiscent of England scoring in the World Cup last year :lol:

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

We could get something next Wednesday with the release of Rob Da Bank's new podcast which features an interview with Emily.

that'd be a first time an announcement had gone outside of the companies with central involvement (beeb, guardian, etc).

So I doubt there'll be anything but if there is I expect it to be a small new act that Emily is excited about.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So I doubt there'll be anything but if there is I expect it to be a small new act that Emily is excited about.

Or perhaps explaining more about the map changes highlighted by the traders last week?

She tends to talk more about infrastructure changes than acts in her interviews i've noticed.

Yep, I was thinking maybe a small band announcement or maybe site changes. If Rob Da Bank is collaborating with them in an area of the festival I'd expect it to be something about that. 

I can't see it being a headliner, as soon as the first person listens to it and shares the info, it negates the need to listen to the podcast which I presume is the whole point.

52 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

oh, that's very likely.

I took what I replied to as a comment about band announcements.

Is it possible we might get an announcement from GF before Wednesday? Rob Da Bank was on the farm a while ago (perhaps recording the podcast) so could the podcast be discussing an a headliner/poster announcement? Wondering if there's a reason it doesn't start until next Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Is it possible we might get an announcement from GF before Wednesday? Rob Da Bank was on the farm a while ago (perhaps recording the podcast) so could the podcast be discussing an a headliner/poster announcement? Wondering if there's a reason it doesn't start until next Wednesday.

it's not impossible i guess.

52 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep, I was thinking maybe a small band announcement or maybe site changes. If Rob Da Bank is collaborating with them in an area of the festival I'd expect it to be something about that. 

I can't see it being a headliner, as soon as the first person listens to it and shares the info, it negates the need to listen to the podcast which I presume is the whole point.

We only speculated he would be collaborating on an area because we knew he’d been to the farm and was working on something, now we know of the podcast I doubt there’s anything more to the visit.

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

I think a headliner will be announced today.....no reason I just do

I can certainly get behind blind optimism!

Although I still think we're in a place where the next announcement we get will be the big poster than an individual act.