Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

If Glasto HQ is looking for ideas for the pre-Christmas announcement, I suggest a modern update of the Bing Crosby and David Bowie video featuring Paul McCartney and Stormzy, which turns out to be a dream of Michael’s.

...and then Prince appears from the shower cubicle.

The previous closest announcement to Christmas was Arcade Fire on 19th December so they're not averse to announcing a headliner at this time of year.

If I remember correctly though, the festival's hand was forced a bit because Arcade Fire posted a photo of a white board with tour dates on it? 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

The previous closest announcement to Christmas was Arcade Fire on 19th December so they're not averse to announcing a headliner at this time of year.

If I remember correctly though, the festival's hand was forced a bit because Arcade Fire posted a photo of a white board with tour dates on it? 

I reckon that macca will announce himself at his o2 show.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I was thinking that the other day, isn't that what Adele did?

Edit: Yes it was.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/adele-to-headline-saturday-night-at-glastonbury-2016/

Edited by Gnomicide

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Is that a hunch or have you had some info to suggest it? Sounds good to me, although I think they could pull off something much more creative announcing him at Christmas, but I won't complain.

I break up for today and that would be a mega start to the Christmas holiday. It would be awesome to get him announced on Sunday and know that, at the very least, I'll be seeing Macca in 2019. It's my girlfriend's first time as well and Macca is top of her list. She's equally excited and anxious at the thought of a first Glastonbury, so getting Macca announced would be great to get her really excited going in to the New Year.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

It's a hunch, but based on Emily saying there'll be an announcement before xmas.

There's going to be a reason why, and the end of Macca's shows seems a pretty logical bet.

I'm going this Sunday so if that's the case I'll report back. 

His gigs are very much of the 'same songs in the same order with the same anecdotes at every date of the tour' variety though, so I can't imagine anyone going off-script. 

2 minutes ago, UEF said:

I'm going this Sunday so if that's the case I'll report back. 

His gigs are very much of the 'same songs in the same order with the same anecdotes at every date of the tour' variety though, so I can't imagine anyone going off-script. 

The alternative to him announcing it on stage would be an announcement in the day or two afterwards, if it's something being triggered by the end of his tour.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

looking at the thingy the only sunday announcements I can see are the stage by stage ones ... so I would guess at a monday announcement , not so much publicity could be gained from a sunday announcement I would guess

if his gig's on a Sunday and he wants to announce it at his gig, they'll be a Sunday announcement. :P 

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

competition for the Brothers cider from the Brothers ciders makers. 

I thought that...

Seems like this will be sold alongside Thatchers in the general bars as they renewed their partnership with the festival for 5 years in 2016.

Edit: Although that article does say "The cider is produced using apples grown just miles from the festival site and will be on offer for the next four years of the festival as the event's principal cider brand."

Perhaps the Thatchers deal is no more?

Edited by JoeyT

56 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

looking at the thingy the only sunday announcements I can see are the stage by stage ones ... so I would guess at a monday announcement , not so much publicity could be gained from a sunday announcement I would guess

Lionel Richie was announced on a Sunday.