Arcadia Spider absent 2019?

Gedh

On the Arcadia feed it mentions a new cleaner bio-fuel system that performs better and a new top secret development for 2019.

All i say is use the bio-fuel to torch Silver Hayes and plop a massive version of the Afterburner in it's place!

As long as they come back louder and more fiery I'll be happy - Oh and Jon hopkins, Blawan, Kolsch or Helena Hauff please!

12 hours ago, Quark said:

Jeez I'm glad I finally got myself there to watch the metamorphosis show last year. I'd be kicking myself otherwise!

Rub it in Quark!  I was saying to my Glasto buddy we would do the metamorphisis show instead of Stormzy... probably... As we'd never made it before. I guess that isn't happening now. What time was it on last year? Trying to recall where I was instead. I'm thinking Flaming Lips.

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Rub it in Quark!  I was saying to my Glasto buddy we would do the metamorphisis show instead of Stormzy... probably... As we'd never made it before. I guess that isn't happening now. What time was it on last year? Trying to recall where I was instead. I'm thinking Flaming Lips.

Midnight on the Friday and Saturday and half 9 I think on the Sunday.

Its a shame the Spider won’t be around next year, it really was something to behold but I’m sure they will come up with something special to replace it. And it could be just the thing to draw some traffic away from the SE corner for a while.

I'm gutted the Spider won't be returning but I look forward to what they have planned next. 

Still have good memories of the metamorphosis show in 2016 when I had no idea what to expect and my mate dragged me right underneath the spider for it, this girl was standing next to us and then the actors jumped down with their harnesses on and picked her up and she was screaming....now this wouldn't bother a normal sober person (as they would probably realise it's part of the show...) but myself after a skinful of drink and other things I freaked the f*ck out until i realised she was an actress..... cue 5-10 minutes later when i shit myself when the massive pyro went off and my mate was in hysterics. 

That being said I loved it and went to watch it again last year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Midnight on the Friday and Saturday and half 9 I think on the Sunday.

Its a shame the Spider won’t be around next year, it really was something to behold but I’m sure they will come up with something special to replace it. And it could be just the thing to draw some traffic away from the SE corner for a while.

About right, I was going to bomb it up to the Park to catch the end of Flips after Radiohead, but decided to watch that instead.

The sad thing for me is that I will now never get to realise the dream of them actually developing it into a fully mobile machine so that Daft Punk could drive it all the way to the Pyramid while using the flame cannons to burn camping chairs in their way.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Laurenkfj said:

I'm gutted about this...all for evolution but the spider is my favourite bit, the blasts when they test on the wed and Thurs gets me so excited for the weekend! 

Yea I normally camp in pennards so hearing those blasts have become synonymous with going to Glastonbury. Will miss them when I next go! Can understand them wanting to do something different though. 

Edited by Tyonks