Arcadia Spider absent 2019?

Gedh

4 minutes ago, stu_kent said:

Yes, that's my guess.  Silver Hayes to be replaced by Arcadia Village with a new fire throwing main stage and Arcadia's Reactor as a second stage along with some of the smaller venues still.  Maybe BBC introducing will be moved to The park or Arcadia's current field.

now that I would go and see, I have not been to the dance village to see someone in years. I did have a wonder through in 2017 but that was it a quick bimble around then out again. would be good to have something amazing there . all the other late night area have that fantastical element where as the dance village is just like a bit of a shit festival. you see what they do at Boomtown and you realisewhat they could do with it . a massive stage with fire and shit.... yeah 

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

now that I would go and see, I have not been to the dance village to see someone in years. I did have a wonder through in 2017 but that was it a quick bimble around then out again. would be good to have something amazing there . all the other late night area have that fantastical element where as the dance village is just like a bit of a shit festival. you see what they do at Boomtown and you realisewhat they could do with it . a massive stage with fire and shit.... yeah 

DV/SH just hasn't worked as an area for years - Sonic stage is just awful and the area as a whole has too much sound bleed, through traffic and not enough cohesion.

Arcadia's London events showed that they can curate multi-stage line-ups of different flavours with the Spider/Reactor/Bug.  You know what? Just putting the exact same set up of Arcadia London in the Silver Hayes field would be a massive improvement!

Edited by stu_kent
typo

7 minutes ago, stu_kent said:

DV/SH just hasn't worked as an area for years - Sonic stage is just awful and the area as a whole has too much sound bleed, through traffic and not enough cohesion.

Arcadia's London events showed that they can curate multi-stage line-ups of different flavours with the Spider/Reactor/Bug.  You know what? Just putting the exact same set up of Arcadia London in the Silver Hayes field would be a massive improvement!

that's exactly what it needs, something to make it a spectacle

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well that ain't gonna happen, cos London is going to have the spider.

Yeah, I got that - I was talking hypothetically. 

I can't think what they are likely to put out of the bag to replace it though.

It would be awesome to spread the late night revelry much much more around the site- the whole cattle herding queues of the naughty corner just put me off. It's not really very entertaining shuffling around for an hour to get in- with blokes bellowing down loudhailers at you all the time. Bit of a mare really. But the reason it's all down that end- or has been - AFAIK was because the noise was less of a problem for the village/s. If they can somehow get past that problem and no more metal barrier queues etc. it would be very cool. Exciting to wonder what they'll come up with.