Arcadia Spider absent 2019?

Gedh

19 hours ago, Havors said:

Wow big decision to drop the spider.... its become synonymous with Arcadia & Glasto.... Will be really fucking weird with it not there. 

I hope their new ideas are as bold and iconic....

Sounds like it's got bigger than Glasto to be honest and now a platform with enough interest to operate as a sole event rather than included in a sold out event that isn't a profitable one. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Sounds like it's got bigger than Glasto to be honest and now a platform with enough interest to operate as a sole event rather than included in a sold out event that isn't a profitable one. 

It may just be a mutual decision (er or not) to do with the size of the space allocated. The spider needs a lot of prime room where it is now and wouldn't if it was moving into a rejuvenated Silver Hayes.

7 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

From wikipedia 

Screenshot_20181117-205612_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice one. Definitely remember seeing it that year although I can’t remember it being as big or popular then? It obviously evolved year by year. Would be great to see something similar happen with the new installation.

8 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Nice one. Definitely remember seeing it that year although I can’t remember it being as big or popular then? It obviously evolved year by year. Would be great to see something similar happen with the new installation.

It got so popular and overcrowded where it was in SEC that it moved to other field at the expense of the glade in 2013 (first year I saw it) I have no doubt after witnessing it and meeting various members of that crew the past few years that it is going to be mental in the most spectacularly way possible.

Edited by JayBalls

1 minute ago, JayBalls said:

It got so popular and overcrowded where it was in SEC that it moved to other field at the expense of the glade in 2013 (first year I saw it) I have no doubt after witnessing it and meeting various members of that crew the past few years that it is going to be mental in the most spectacularly way possible.

It obviously had to move from the corner but I must admit I hated the location for 2013. I was glad when they gave them their own field.

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

It obviously had to move from the corner but I must admit I hated the location for 2013. I was glad when they gave them their own field.

Sucked in other field though I enjoyed Andy C on it there, great in its own field but feels a bit lost without anything around it.

4 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

Sucked in other field though I enjoyed Andy C on it there, great in its own field but feels a bit lost without anything around it.

Yeah have to agree with you there, and it seems to make the park so much busier where it’s at too. It would maybe be better to try and make it part of Silver Hayes...

7 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

I know what you mean, but it is right next to The Park. I love it's current position, it's so easy to get to, especially since I normally camp somewhere near Paines/Dairy/South Park way.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know what you mean, but it is right next to The Park. I love it's current position, it's so easy to get to, especially since I normally camp somewhere near Paines/Dairy/South Park way.

The field is great don't get me wrong the other hang I have with it being there is they have to have stewards making sure people don't trample over tents trying to get to it maybe some more heras fencing is the answer, I remember thinking thank fuck that aint my tent on my way up there last year.

In 2017 I camped down by the other stage the flames could be seen inside my tent & the roar was louder than by snoring - which was a sign I needed to get back out and party....

Think I ended up there until it shutdown every night, that or the engine room and whatever I could find outside SEC that was still open.

I find that SEC is far too crowded these days and a lot of people are just milling around taking selfies to show they've been to SEC although I did venture down to the common a couple of times and to seek out a couple of DJ's I wanted to listen to. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The other disadvantage is the being told to walk miles out of your way to get to your campsite due to crowd control. That's happened to me a couple of times at peak times. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

anyone else think they will; be moving the whole Arcadia thing to a new area. maybe the dance village 

That was gonna be my question. Probably depends what they’re planning. I hope it’s something spectacular, as I’m bringing mate that never been to any big festival and I was raving to her about spider since we got tickets. Fairly gutted for her, as I had the chance to see it at Boomtown!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

anyone else think they will; be moving the whole Arcadia thing to a new area. maybe the dance village 

will ease up late night congestion and the dance area is pants 

Yes, that's my guess.  Silver Hayes to be replaced by Arcadia Village with a new fire throwing main stage and Arcadia's Reactor as a second stage along with some of the smaller venues still.  Maybe BBC introducing will be moved to The park or Arcadia's current field.

10 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

That was gonna be my question. Probably depends what they’re planning. I hope it’s something spectacular, as I’m bringing mate that never been to any big festival and I was raving to her about spider since we got tickets. Fairly gutted for her, as I had the chance to see it at Boomtown!

How about going to see the spider in London? Early May Bank holiday weekend.

It's bound to be a step down in some respects. The Spider was the result of years of evolution. The last couple of years have been extraordinary. But I doff my cap to them for being brave enough to start again. The success of the Spider will have an impact on where they take whatever's next.

• Like 1