Jump to content
gabrielomachado

Download 2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

expectations for remaining spots: Faith No More, Alter Bridge, Placebo, Megadeth

reality: Nightwish, Steel Panther and Shinedown

Haha truth!

I really hope Placebo play, its about time really. They did Sonisphere before and it went down well so I think it would on Download second stage too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

Steel Panther are subbing some other KISS gigs this summer, could easily turn up at Download.

 

no chance bro. look their dates. they play 13 of june in poland and 13 of june in hungury. no chance they will play 3 days in a row.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

I really struggle to see Download getting all three of those in the same year, even if they are available.

 

Aren't they all likely to do an album tour first pushing these back to 2022/2023 for DL?

This is what I mean, they ought to be going and getting them instead of recycling the same headliners - maybe it's in their best interest to have one each year for longevity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictions:

Accept, Ace Frehely, Alter Bridge, Amyl and the Sniffers, Anvil, Backyard Babies, Bowling for Soup, Creeper, Crobot, Danko Jones, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple?, Don Broco, Faith no more, ffdp, frank carter and the rattlesnakes, Fu Manchu, Ghost, Girlschool, In Flames, Killing Joke, Kreator, Limp Bizkit, Machine Head, Nashville Pussy, NOFX, Rival Sons, Sabaton, Sepultra, Steel Panther, Testament, The Darkness, Twin Atlantic, WASP, Yungblud.   

 

More heavier stuff as well. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, guylin29 said:

Predictions:

Accept, Ace Frehely, Alter Bridge, Amyl and the Sniffers, Anvil, Backyard Babies, Bowling for Soup, Creeper, Crobot, Danko Jones, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple?, Don Broco, Faith no more, ffdp, frank carter and the rattlesnakes, Fu Manchu, Ghost, Girlschool, In Flames, Killing Joke, Kreator, Limp Bizkit, Machine Head, Nashville Pussy, NOFX, Rival Sons, Sabaton, Sepultra, Steel Panther, Testament, The Darkness, Twin Atlantic, WASP, Yungblud.   

 

More heavier stuff as well. Thoughts?

 

bee lucky to get 3-4 of those....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Haha truth!

I really hope Placebo play, its about time really. They did Sonisphere before and it went down well so I think it would on Download second stage too.

Its something that would interest me but Sonisphere was a more diverse rock direction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Its something that would interest me but Sonisphere was a more diverse rock direction 

Hmmm I dunno, all Sonisphere really had that Download hasn't yet is a bit of Goth (Sisters Of Mercy, Gary Numan). Otherwise pretty much same bands playing each. I think if Download can have Biffy Clyro and Muse they can have Placebo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Hmmm I dunno, all Sonisphere really had that Download hasn't yet is a bit of Goth (Sisters Of Mercy, Gary Numan). Otherwise pretty much same bands playing each. I think if Download can have Biffy Clyro and Muse they can have Placebo.

They can but Biffy Clyro have a far wider audience than Placebo do, especially now here. Crazy there was a time when Placebo dubbed Reading, might have even been twice though without looking it could be 3rd and 2nd, never headlining though.

You for stuff like Weezer and Mars Volta though at Sonisphere and the layout and setup was impeccably  better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know Funeral for a Friend were sticking around after those couple of shows they did, although suppose it's often the case when bands regroup for stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Download once again putting all the good acts on at the same time in the evening/headlining stages and filling the bottom of the lineup with (imo) the same old shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

The Distillers opposite Deftones is absolutely brutal.

Was really hoping they did their own UK tour instead of jumping of Reading to Download. It's The Distillers for me, I'll be looking it on gumtree near the time for a cheap Friday ticket for The Offspring, The Distillers and Lacuna Coil. Sunday I'm guessing Disturbed finished before SOAD start as that would be a ridiculous clash where Disturbed and Korn crossover isn't huge from what I'm aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lineup has gone from being dull to excellent for me. There is so much I would want to see, especially lower down on the third and fourth stages. There are so many clashes, though. 

Surely Mastodon are plenty big enough to headline that stage? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Distubed clashing with SOAD/Korn is just plain bizare. Like they have the exact same fanbase....

Totally agree. Probably not possible to squeeze Disturbed's set between Korn and SOAD??

Andy Copping should know well at this stage that it generally isn't the lineup that annoys fans, it is the clashes. This year some potential nightmare clashes include: Lacuna Coil/Frank Carter, Offspring/Kiss, Mastodon/Alter Bridge/KSE/ Maiden.

Whatever about clashes earlier in the day between the main and second stage stage times should be alternated later in the day to avoid these nightmare clashes like other festivals such as Graspop or Pinkpop. What do people think??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Distubed clashing with SOAD/Korn is just plain bizare. Like they have the exact same fanbase....

Generally speaking yes

47 minutes ago, laynestaley said:

Totally agree. Probably not possible to squeeze Disturbed's set between Korn and SOAD??

Andy Copping should know well at this stage that it generally isn't the lineup that annoys fans, it is the clashes. This year some potential nightmare clashes include: Lacuna Coil/Frank Carter, Offspring/Kiss, Mastodon/Alter Bridge/KSE/ Maiden.

Whatever about clashes earlier in the day between the main and second stage stage times should be alternated later in the day to avoid these nightmare clashes like other festivals such as Graspop or Pinkpop. What do people think??

If they are clashing then it's ridiculous and it'll be something like one of them has a tour after coming up promoted by Copping and so if you only get to see one you're interested I'm buying a ticket to the other.

If I can pick up a day ticket for £50 on Friday nearer to the time I'll be there and for Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1-this lineup improved a lot

2-are they really going to put mastodon/gojira and disturbed/soad or korn to clash, aren't they?

3-saturday lineup for the dogtooth is the best i've ever seen for this stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laynestaley said:

Totally agree. Probably not possible to squeeze Disturbed's set between Korn and SOAD??

Andy Copping should know well at this stage that it generally isn't the lineup that annoys fans, it is the clashes. This year some potential nightmare clashes include: Lacuna Coil/Frank Carter, Offspring/Kiss, Mastodon/Alter Bridge/KSE/ Maiden.

Whatever about clashes earlier in the day between the main and second stage stage times should be alternated later in the day to avoid these nightmare clashes like other festivals such as Graspop or Pinkpop. What do people think??

Agreed!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Also, Download once again putting all the good acts on at the same time in the evening/headlining stages and filling the bottom of the lineup with (imo) the same old shite.

Yeah its really sucky of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do day tickets usually go on sale? Know they get announced later typically. 
 

Edit: just had a look and late March last year was when they announced them. 

Edited by HeyPorter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...