Download 2020

gabrielomachado

8 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

I really struggle to see Download getting all three of those in the same year, even if they are available.

Aren't they all likely to do an album tour first pushing these back to 2022/2023 for DL?

This is what I mean, they ought to be going and getting them instead of recycling the same headliners - maybe it's in their best interest to have one each year for longevity 

Predictions:

Accept, Ace Frehely, Alter Bridge, Amyl and the Sniffers, Anvil, Backyard Babies, Bowling for Soup, Creeper, Crobot, Danko Jones, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple?, Don Broco, Faith no more, ffdp, frank carter and the rattlesnakes, Fu Manchu, Ghost, Girlschool, In Flames, Killing Joke, Kreator, Limp Bizkit, Machine Head, Nashville Pussy, NOFX, Rival Sons, Sabaton, Sepultra, Steel Panther, Testament, The Darkness, Twin Atlantic, WASP, Yungblud.   

More heavier stuff as well. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, guylin29 said:

Predictions:

Accept, Ace Frehely, Alter Bridge, Amyl and the Sniffers, Anvil, Backyard Babies, Bowling for Soup, Creeper, Crobot, Danko Jones, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple?, Don Broco, Faith no more, ffdp, frank carter and the rattlesnakes, Fu Manchu, Ghost, Girlschool, In Flames, Killing Joke, Kreator, Limp Bizkit, Machine Head, Nashville Pussy, NOFX, Rival Sons, Sabaton, Sepultra, Steel Panther, Testament, The Darkness, Twin Atlantic, WASP, Yungblud.   

More heavier stuff as well. Thoughts?

bee lucky to get 3-4 of those....

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Its something that would interest me but Sonisphere was a more diverse rock direction 

Hmmm I dunno, all Sonisphere really had that Download hasn't yet is a bit of Goth (Sisters Of Mercy, Gary Numan). Otherwise pretty much same bands playing each. I think if Download can have Biffy Clyro and Muse they can have Placebo.

7 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Hmmm I dunno, all Sonisphere really had that Download hasn't yet is a bit of Goth (Sisters Of Mercy, Gary Numan). Otherwise pretty much same bands playing each. I think if Download can have Biffy Clyro and Muse they can have Placebo.

They can but Biffy Clyro have a far wider audience than Placebo do, especially now here. Crazy there was a time when Placebo dubbed Reading, might have even been twice though without looking it could be 3rd and 2nd, never headlining though.

You for stuff like Weezer and Mars Volta though at Sonisphere and the layout and setup was impeccably  better.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

The Distillers opposite Deftones is absolutely brutal.

Was really hoping they did their own UK tour instead of jumping of Reading to Download. It's The Distillers for me, I'll be looking it on gumtree near the time for a cheap Friday ticket for The Offspring, The Distillers and Lacuna Coil. Sunday I'm guessing Disturbed finished before SOAD start as that would be a ridiculous clash where Disturbed and Korn crossover isn't huge from what I'm aware of.

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Distubed clashing with SOAD/Korn is just plain bizare. Like they have the exact same fanbase....

Totally agree. Probably not possible to squeeze Disturbed's set between Korn and SOAD??

Andy Copping should know well at this stage that it generally isn't the lineup that annoys fans, it is the clashes. This year some potential nightmare clashes include: Lacuna Coil/Frank Carter, Offspring/Kiss, Mastodon/Alter Bridge/KSE/ Maiden.

Whatever about clashes earlier in the day between the main and second stage stage times should be alternated later in the day to avoid these nightmare clashes like other festivals such as Graspop or Pinkpop. What do people think??

58 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Distubed clashing with SOAD/Korn is just plain bizare. Like they have the exact same fanbase....

Generally speaking yes

47 minutes ago, laynestaley said:

Totally agree. Probably not possible to squeeze Disturbed's set between Korn and SOAD??

Andy Copping should know well at this stage that it generally isn't the lineup that annoys fans, it is the clashes. This year some potential nightmare clashes include: Lacuna Coil/Frank Carter, Offspring/Kiss, Mastodon/Alter Bridge/KSE/ Maiden.

Whatever about clashes earlier in the day between the main and second stage stage times should be alternated later in the day to avoid these nightmare clashes like other festivals such as Graspop or Pinkpop. What do people think??

If they are clashing then it's ridiculous and it'll be something like one of them has a tour after coming up promoted by Copping and so if you only get to see one you're interested I'm buying a ticket to the other.

If I can pick up a day ticket for £50 on Friday nearer to the time I'll be there and for Sunday.

1 hour ago, laynestaley said:

Agreed!