Download 2020

gabrielomachado

• 2 weeks later...

It's kind of sad how there's been such a lack of activity on this thread and any sort of excitement about DL 2020.

I'm so frustrated that AC won't just take one f***ing risk and it's the same old same old every year, it just gets so dire after a while.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating - but I feel the future of heavy music is on the line if this doesn't change soon.

42 minutes ago, R Shah said:

It's kind of sad how there's been such a lack of activity on this thread and any sort of excitement about DL 2020.

I'm so frustrated that AC won't just take one f***ing risk and it's the same old same old every year, it just gets so dire after a while.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating - but I feel the future of heavy music is on the line if this doesn't change soon.

Completely agree. I've always wanted to go to Download, but this years lineup (on top of last years poor lineup in my opinion) have really pushed it down the wish list for me. I think it is just a case of the same old same old making people a little burned out. Like, I love System of a Down, but do they need to headline again, especially with no new material?

Take a risk, have A Day To Remember headline, have Bring Me The Horizon headline. Get Foo Fighters in. Just not the same old same old. Give the opportunity for new headliners to perform.

Feel like it is particularly disappointing for a lot of people that England get quite a poor lineup, while Download Japan get a cracking lineup, with MCR being the main attraction of course.

31 minutes ago, R Shah said:

not a great lineup. and last time download taked the risk was in 2017 when they got Biffy-ADTR-AFI as the top 3 acts

• Upvote 1

the lineup this year is not actually bad with but just boring. repeats of volbeat, babymetal, black veil brides on similar spots only 2 years after don't excite anyone. deftones subbing kiss is weird. maiden and soad will have nothing new to show. but there's good things like korn and disturbed after a 4 year gap, gojira on a high spot...

Personally I like the line up, several bands I want to see. I wonder if Knotfest will have any of them too...both done by livenation and I can imagine a couple.

I wonder also what the hold up with the next announcement is. Perhaps they want to sell out Knotfets first. Or it could be Faith no More headlining 2nd stage on the friday, and they are waiting for them to sell that. Or could be Nightwish. Or both. 

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Personally I like the line up, several bands I want to see. I wonder if Knotfest will have any of them too...both done by livenation and I can imagine a couple.

I wonder also what the hold up with the next announcement is. Perhaps they want to sell out Knotfets first. Or it could be Faith no More headlining 2nd stage on the friday, and they are waiting for them to sell that. Or could be Nightwish. Or both. 

Or the correct answer which is neither.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:18 PM, R Shah said:

True that, I've been 2013,14 & 15. I feel like I never have to back as the same recycled line ups. Why pay £200+ for 3 days of the same music when you can go abroad to festivals with a much wider variety for a lengthier period and cheaper.